B tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Wood

I have a b tunnel and I have been checking into possibly putting a supercharger on it. If I do this I can run a much lower nitro content but increasing hp. So I shouldn't be sacrificing any speed and definately not performance. Just for fun maybe experiment with nitrousoxied bottle. Let me know what guys think. Here is the link to there website http//www.rbinnovations.com . Also look under their custom section and go to their gallery and you see they have already done both inboard and outboard boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a b tunnel and I have been checking into possibly putting a supercharger on it. If I do this I can run a much lower nitro content but increasing hp. So I shouldn't be sacrificing any speed and definately not performance. Just for fun maybe experiment with nitrousoxied bottle. Let me know what guys think. Here is the link to there website http//www.rbinnovations.com . Also look under their custom section and go to their gallery and you see they have already done both inboard and outboard boats.
What motor are you putting this on?

Until it takes it's first gulp of H20, and when you build that boost, what are you gonna do when you have to chop the throttle to avoid someone, and the boat don't wanna slow down, remember BOATS DON'T HAVE BRAKES. Buy lots of spare parts.

my lhs is mostly nitro trucks & buggies. they have installed a few of these systems ( no nitrous). they weren't very impressed. said the power gain as opposed to cost & longevity wasn't worth it. started to lose the new found power after about 1/2 gal. of fuel., and not that much more power, to begin with. might be neat for the bling factor, just not pratical. water induction could be a BIG problem, imho, also. you do have PLENTY of spare k&b parts, right? you'll need them !

I've had one of these superchargers before on a savage 25. It destroyed the clutch shoes and was generally hard on the rest of the drivetrain. That last one I had I wasn't too impressed with the way it was designed. There 2 flaws first the bracket broke. The original one I had a crack in it from the press brake. The other design flaw was the shaft it was too short and put much pressure on the bearings. As far as stopping goes if are in a boat and let off the throttle it slow down rapidly after it gets off plane. I haven't figured out yet what will happen if water gets into it. I am thinking about purchasing stock in K&B.lol

I have decided not to attempt after talking to other club members.

I ran one of the belt driven r/c car superchargers on my OS 12TZ5P engine that I used at the record trials. The speed was a slight improvement over the stock setup,but the piston/sleeve was worn out after only two tanks of fuel. For the K&B outboard you will ned to put a "half-twist" in the belt to reverse the blower impeller. You would be better off to add more nitro instead of trying nitrous oxide.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

I saw a pretty savvy guy try it in the late 70's. Unless you have a remote way to read the boost it's pretty much trial and error and LOTS of parts. Greg

Andy,

I have one or two of these if you want to try one out.

$25.00 and it's yours.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back