Australian O/B races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjm102

Hi All

We went out today and had some fun, all the boats were going very well but I'm very sorry about what I did to Gino's Villain......

Gino's Villain

I'm helping Gino with what ever I can but now I have to do some mod's to my Lawless.

Is this how I should cut it?

My Lawless dammage

Thanks for any help. And sorry again to Gino.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, the joys of racing - no worries Chris, nothing that a little CA, West Systems and a squirt of paint won't fix - then we can go at it again. :D :D :D :D

Gino :D

Hi All

Gino if i can help sing out,

I can get it painted as i said but not before the 15th june as my mates away till then,

If you want to put some paint on it before then ive got the gear and we can paint in our Patternshop at work.theres plenty of woodwork machines there as well if you need to use anything.

Cheers

Greg

Yeah, it was a great day except for the obvious. Thanks again to gino for taking us up. Looking forward to doing it all again soon. Talk 2 Yall later

cjm102 said:
Hi AllWe went out today and had some fun, all the boats were going very well but I'm very sorry about what I did to Gino's Villain......

Gino_s%20Villain.jpg

I'm helping Gino with what ever I can but now I have to do some mod's to my Lawless.

Is this how I should cut it?

lawless%20dammage.jpg

Thanks for any help. And sorry again to Gino.

Chris

101093[/snapback]

HEY THERE COWBOY . HE HE , SOR

RY BOUT THAT ... TELL YOU WHAT I WOULD DO FOR THE LOWER , TRIM THAT BABY STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE TIP END , THEN RESARPEN IT , THE LITTLE LOSS ON THE SKEG , YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IT . GOD BLESS

Hey Guys,

My name is Mike Locke, and Iam one of those quiet read alot type of people, I live in Canada and Iam a huge outboard fan........Iam coming to the land down under for the month of july, I will be in Brisbane and maybe Sydney..I was considering bringing my sport tunnel along for the trip....

Will there be any boating activity or racing in these areas ???

Looking forward to the trip.

Thanks.....Mike

Mike Locke said:
Hey Guys,
My name is Mike Locke, and Iam one of those quiet read alot type of people, I live in Canada and Iam a huge outboard fan........Iam coming to the land down under for the month of july, I will be in Brisbane and maybe Sydney..I was considering bringing  my sport tunnel along for the trip....

Will there be any boating activity or racing in these areas ???

Looking  forward to the trip.

Thanks.....Mike

101149[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Not sure about Brisbane....Maybe someone else will answer that, but in Sydney there is a club race day on the 10th and 24th at the Sydney International Regatta Centre (which is located out in the suburbs at Penrith.) Penrith is Approximately 1 hour's drive from the Sydney Central Business district.

If you make it to Sydney we will be able to help you out with fuel / starter equipment etc. for the day (all the stuff you can't take on the plane!) Just let me know in advance.

Tim.

There is not much happening in brisbane in the way of nitro tunnels.

There is a fe electric.

I have a villain S1 converted to electric running 18cells and it will keep up with a mod 3.5tunnel. would be 45mph easy. Would be happy to through it on the water with any other nitro or electric tunnel.

Where abouts do you do you racing in sydney???

I will be in taree 18th and 19th june for the GP hydro world champs. Would consider making trip further south to have a days racing tunnels.

David

David Kingston said:
There is not much happening in brisbane in the way of nitro tunnels. There is a fe electric.

I have a villain S1 converted to electric running 18cells and it will keep up with a mod 3.5tunnel. would be 45mph easy. Would be happy to through it on the water with any other nitro or electric tunnel.

Where abouts do you do you racing in sydney???

I will be in taree 18th and 19th june for the GP hydro world champs.  Would consider making trip further south to have a days racing tunnels.

David

101167[/snapback]

David,

We have had a few electric tunnels show up recently! Are you a financial AMPBA member? Come on down!

The Sydney club is based at the Sydney International Regatta Centre in Penrith. The Regatta centre has an excellent website with map's etc.

Regatta Centre site.

Tunnels rule!

HEY THERE COWBOY . HE HE , SOR

RY BOUT THAT ... TELL YOU WHAT I WOULD DO FOR THE LOWER , TRIM THAT BABY STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE TIP END , THEN RESARPEN IT , THE LITTLE LOSS ON THE SKEG , YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IT . GOD BLESS

101140[/snapback]

Thanks James.

Chris

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the info, helping out with the starting equipment would be greatly appreciated...I will let you know closer to the date, might start a new thread to see if anyones further north, not %100 sure if I will be in sydney.

Dave - do you live in Brisbane or in the area????

Talk soon....Mike

Mike,

yeah i live in brisbane. Northern sub 30mins from CBD.

I am not a member of AMPBA. I am a member of our local club but i dont think that they are registered with AMPBA either.

I know that there are some people that race nitro and gas boats in the show grounds at south port, but i have only ever heard of there being one tunnel there. Also I know of some people that run at boral lakes at strathpine, with rod smith. Never run boats there but i have seen the lake.

THe club i am with just does electric at boondal with a few people racing gas in other parts of brisbane.

Do you have any good news of others to have a run against.

Mike,

No problem - Just let us know in advance - if you can make it to Sydney that is.

David,

Kris Flynn from VIC has a Villain with a B/L set-up, and I believe there is an electric tunnel in the Sydney Club also - but have not seen it personally.....

Don't know what number of cells they are running - I doubt it's 18 though :eek: :eek:

TIm,

I have raced with Kris,

HE made the trip up for Queensland for a wedding end of last year, and i made the trip to melbourne a month later funny enough it was for a wedding also.

Got the chance to race out boats.

he runs 12 cells in his villain.

HIs would be quicker than mine on calm water but i have more weight so i like rough water. Hence why i have gone to 18cell. PLus it is more fun to drive. 45mph easy. Will have on water next weekend with GPS in it to find out exact speed. Problem is that the motor is still winding out by the end of the straight. Only have a small lake to race in. The other place i run is for waterskiing and i dont like that sort of rough water.

I wont be able to make the trip to sydney

can only aford friday and monday off work to see the GP world champs.

WOuld be nice to be able to do it later in the year though.

Do you have any info on compititions Gas nitro or electric...?

David

Back