Aussie 2-Lap

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hi All,

Just wanted to let some people know about our recent 2-lap trials here in Australia.

We run 500m (250m per lap) while the Yanks do 1/3 mile which is 533m.

My fastest time was 24.92sec with my Visioncraft 20, powered by an OZSPEC Nova 35 plus (14mm crank) This is pretty close to Ron Drakes rocord of 25.2sec for 1/3mile...if we average the speeds I was about 3km/h (1.5miles)slower

I was getting around 25.2sec most of the day, but my driving still needs a bit of work LOL, not bad considering I BLEW the conrod apart on Saturday arvo LOL, but thanks to an Early Start by Aaron at OZSPEC to rebuild it, I was back on the water the next morning.

This same boat has the Aussie record for SAW at 92km/h (57.5miles) with passes over 100km/h (62.5miles)

My electric version running 4S and a Neu 1515 1y was also knocking on the door, but only seemed to pull off 26.77sec, my on board Eagletree GPS said speeds were maxed around 88kph (55mph) but I only just put it back together the day before and hadn't tested it with this power for quite a while.

Cheers

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Kris, that's a great effort! Awesome to see you setting records! B)

Cheers,

Dave

Kris,

Great numbers. You said the course dimensions are different, does the difference come in the SAW length or turn radius? Hopefully soon we can set up a timing system here and start working on the numbers again. Right now its too **** hot to walk out the door here,and you are just getting that "good air" to click the killer times off with. Congrats to yourself and Aaron and all the others on the success you're having.

Cheers y'all :D

Randy

Randy,

I am not sure what lengths your straights are, but ours were 90m (295 feet) with 11.15m (36.6 feet) radius turns.

I think that maybe 85m straight with slightly larger corners would have been sweet ;)

I was just looking and Drakes record is neary 5 years old, so I will need to do some REAL runs next time we have a 2-lap trial LOL

Thanks Dave!

Cheers

Kris

Congratulations Kris!

You now have the Aussie SAW and 2 Lap records for your Outboards, well done B) B)

Well done kris not bad for a mexican lol

guess we are all guna have to get bust now and take on the challenge

Kris, good job! From the pic it looks like you may be running an Orlic carb? I am on mine and really like it, transitions from slow mill to start very predictably.

Cheers from one of the Yanks,

Wallster

Thanks Guys,

Orlic Carby (.350 bore)

Cooper Pipe

40X53 prop stock

60% OZSPEC Fuel

OS Lower

Flexible Flinigan shaft ;)

I took the Picture before i went to work, sorry it is in poor focus :)

I am coming to get your WinterSpec title Bryan!

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
"I am coming to get your WinterSpec title Bryan!

Kris"

Not if I've got anything to do with it :rolleyes: I haven't won a Winterspec yet, it's never been a very friendly event for my 'A' Outboard so I need to win this year to stop Bryan bragging about his enviable results :lol:

It will be good to see you and Louise at Penrith on Australia's best "'A' Outboard Water" :D

See ya there,

James

hahaha cant wait to see you guys there! and dont worry about kesso hes got nothing :rolleyes: lol

Bring on the challenge.. and bring your drinking hat too! :lol:

Well buddy,

awesome drive, must have been the 5.30am Sunday morning rebuild i did... :lol:

sorry no video as i was on the control box for all your A outboard runs...

regards Aaron

Kris,

Under 25 on 500m is pretty fast any way you look at it. Everyone tries to compare speeds of boats but lap times don't lie. At our STORM races in Brandon we run some two lap times and only Ron and Shawn (Junker) have hit 1//3 mile 25 second laps. These are times with heat race boats you'ld see at events like the Internats. Randy and Bill were in the low 28's which is faster than what has won the Internats in the last few years. Your on the mark and keep posting lap times as the best way to compare. 1/4 mile (402M)record is 21.8 by Kently.

Mic

Hey Mic,

You are correct about Lap times, and also comparing average speeds (distance/time*3600). I would love to get back over there for the '11 Tunnel champs, so I will have to see how I go! :)

I know that Shawn was too 'scared' (LOL) to run my enine against Premo at that race, it is a much stronger engine than he was running, but he was still able to pull off a smoking heat time anyway!

Kris

Back