atlanta twin rigger shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aamick1971

ok guys!!

i know i didn't get to go,but this is from a phone call from our district director d-13 which happens to be a close friend.more will follow as soon as he gets back from atlanta.

and the winner is??????????????

MITCH GRABER

HULL :A 14 YEAR OLD ROADRUNNER

ENGINE: TWIN CMB .90'S

PROPS: ANDY BROWN OCTURA 1667'S

NEAR PERFECT WATER CONDITIONS

HAS WON THE TWIN RIGGER SHOOTOUT

way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aamick1971 said:
ok guys!!  i know i didn't get to go,but this is from a phone call from our district director d-13 which happens to be a close friend.more will follow as soon as he gets back from atlanta.

and the winner is??????????????

MITCH GRABER

HULL :A 14 YEAR OLD ROADRUNNER

ENGINE: TWIN CMB .90'S

PROPS:  ANDY BROWN OCTURA 1667'S

NEAR PERFECT  WATER CONDITIONS

HAS WON THE TWIN RIGGER SHOOTOUT

way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96785[/snapback]

Allen,

Mitch had the best boat matching the water conditions. It is a very wide (almost 8") twin hull with wide sponsons. It is quite heavy and because of that was able to stay down on the water better. The lighter boats, including the Eagles, were having a time of it staying down on the water. In very rough water the heavier boats have the advantage. Mitch had the largest and heaviest twin at the race. And a Roadrunner is one of the best hulls made running in rough water. I know as I have 7 of them.

Congrats to Mitch for a job well done. He earned this award.

The wind and water settled down for the final shootout with the top six boats. We had to have a run off between Oliver Douglas and Jose Ortiz for the sixth slot. All boats were running and legal at the start. Here's how the field was set for the final:

1) Joe Warren 1100

2) Mark Bullard 1050

3) Ralph Almirola 850

4) Mitch Graber 825

4) Don Ferrette 825

6) Jose Ortiz 725

Only two boats were running at the finish.

-Bobby

BOBBYH said:
The wind and water settled down for the final shootout with the top six boats. We had to have a run off between Oliver Douglas and Jose Ortiz for the sixth slot. All boats were running and legal at the start. Here's how the field was set for the final:
1) Joe Warren    1100

2) Mark Bullard  1050

3) Ralph Almirola  850

4) Mitch Graber    825

4) Don Ferrette    825

6) Jose Ortiz        725

Only two boats were running at the finish.

-Bobby

96825[/snapback]

Sure would like to see a video of the final!!

I was there for the first round on Sat and the wind was causing Havoc!

Scott Norris

There were plenty of video cameras in action.

Open invitation. Any one that has video form the Atlanta race please E-mail me.

I have video and would like more and will exchange with you what I have. Also

looking for the final heat.

Thanks. B)

how about making a dvd of the racing to sell later for d-13 later on in the year.everyone come together with the best shots of the race and put it on one dvd about an hour long!

allen

The final heat of the shootout was a sight to behold. I was up top w/ Norman and Bobby and the sight and sound of all 6 twins getting lined up for the start during mill time was something to behold. Luckily the wind had pretty much died down by that point and the guys were able to let it all hang out.

I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the event despite the less than optimal weather conditions.

Later,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I have a video of the Shootout Final that Laurie took from up next to the driver's stand. It's almost like being there. I have things to do today but I will get it uploaded for viewing sometime tonight. The Big Dogs were running!

Stay Tuned!!

-Bobby

Guys,

I fought with this video last night and couldn't get it uploaded. I was trying to put it on RCFlix. I finally got it uploaded this morning in two parts and you can find them HERE . I'll be out of town and off the internet the rest of the week. I'll try and get it loaded one shot when I get back. Maybe someone else can download the two put them back together and upload it again.

Big Chuck,

I tried to send the video to you but I haven't been able to get that to go through either. I'll burn a copy and give it to you in Ogeechee.

-Bobby

Mitch is one cool cat. He picked that boat up off of ebay, then added new motors. The sponsons are solid balsa :) .

Way to go COOL HAND MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Clay

Thanks Clay,see you in Brandon?

Is the video working for other people?I can't get it to play.

Maybe it is because I am still running Windows 95?I don't know.

Mitch Graber said:

97223[/snapback]

Hey Mitch, that trophy is bada$$, now THAT'S WOOD! :D

I wish I could make Brandon, but it ain't in the cards this time. I'm looking at some property to buy over near you guys in the Sarasota area. You may see much more of me :lol: , I'll need some driving skill honing :p

Later

Mitch Graber said:

97223[/snapback]

Windows 95??? whoa Mitch is your computer as old as your twin?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding bro, had a great time @ Atlanta & it was sooo cool to finally hook up in person. I mean we've only been swappin' e-mails off & on for what 6 years now? :p

I hope we can get together again sooner than next year's shoot out. P/M me your current e-mail addy so I can make sure I've got the right one. B)

Hey guys the video is working for me. I have Windows XP Pro and Real Player version 10. Nice video! Looked like it was getting late in the day. That glare from the sun must have been pure hell! :blink:

David

Back