Arrowshark questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArrowShark Dragonfly

Anyone ever run one of these? I got it from Fuller Fast Electric as a 'thank you' for my wife and I scoring the race in New Braufels, TX a couple weeks ago.

Im trying to figure out how to set this thing up for heat racing. Its my first .21 racing boat and figured a free hull is a good place to start. Im not necessarily looking to be the fastest boat on the water, just fun and completing every lap(assuming i can steer).

So, I guess I am looking for:

- CG distance from the transom

- rudder depth and distance off center and distance from transom

- prop distance from the transom and depth from keel.

Any known problems with the hull that I should expect?

Phil

I'll shoot some pix of one that I built. It turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would. I'd have to measure mine to give you any advice, but it is a good runner. This is the first 21 that I've used a speedmaster stinger drive on along with the sppedmaster rudder, no tabs, no turn fin. I've been running a cmb with a ssp carbon pipe. The pipe was kind of a suprise too, the little motor really likes it. Not the fastest 20 mono ever, but a good solid runner.

mike b

how does this boat compare to the shackwave 36 ? we have a RTR class at the local club here in Cape Town where they are running some Thundercats as well as some shockwaves running mid to high 30 M/h. I enjoy the v-hulls more that the cats and was wondering how this hull would compete ?

Here are a couple shots of the boat, I removed the wood that came in it and made an aluminum tray for the engine mount and glassed it in place.. The drive is a speedmaster part, rudder is also speedmaster as are the trim tabs that are 2" long by 2 1/4 wide. I extended the rudder to 4 3/4" to the leading edge. I wanted to get the pipe down out of the air so I made the radio box off set to one side to make room.The c/g or balance point without fuel as you see it is 9 3/4. I use a 10 oz. tank and the spp pipe is set at 8 1/4. I started with a CMB engine but have been trying some others like this air cooled buggy engine. It runs very well with a 440/3 or a 437/3 prop.

Mike b

Wll the boat sure does look nice.

i picked up one of those but bought the ARTR model.

Layed 2 extra layers of glass on the hull before it even got wet.

Threw out all of the stock HW and went with OSE trim tabs

and a speedmaster strut and rudder.

Boat ran really well.

I sold it soon after break in though

Latest posts

Back