Anyone familiar with ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd check the bottom out. Might be a reason why it was free. My dad bought one of these Ebay specials because it was cheap. He set-it up with the same set up I ran SAW with my Aeromarine Titan. Andy was there. In the Titan I ran 70 mph. Same gear on the Delta Force "Knock-Off" and it could barely get on plain from what he told me. He was planning to race it at the Nats in C mono. Now there's no time to get a new one together. After looking at it the bottom was warped on one side and warped differently on the other side. He too was going to put it on ebay for free. Well near free. $1. : )

Andy I'm currently building a Lynx 47 with gas and will be putting a 6" stand off rudder. It may be ready to run this weekend for testing at our pond. Delta Force has one in 47 called a Sniper. Are there any markings or numbers inside the hull?

Andy I'm currently building a Lynx 47 with gas and will be putting a 6" stand off rudder. It may be ready to run this weekend for testing at our pond. Delta Force has one in 47 called a Sniper. Are there any markings or numbers inside the hull?
Hi Tony

Welcome to the forum (I am relatively new myself).

I hope you are enjoying building your Lynx as much as I did mine. They are great looking boats with exciting performance .

I will be interested to see some pics or video footage of your Lynx in due course.

In respect of the Ebay comments:

I must admit I have bagged some bargains on Ebay. However I would be wary of buying a completed hull off Ebay. I’d want a genuine reason as to why it is offered for sale. Let’s face it, if you had a really good boat, why would you put it up on Ebay for sale at quite possibly a very low price?

Cheers

Craig

I got confrimation from the original purchaser it is a Prestwich Lynx , Mines going nitro (modded CMB 90) Got my T-Bar from Toops at the race last weekend, so all the parts are now there,

just got to get it all back together now.
wink.gif

Andy

Ps Welcome aboard Tony, was good to see you last weekend
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy

Your Prestwich Lynx should be very exciting!

If you want to see my twin bother's Lynx on its first run prior to trimming it out, this clip shows a boat that despite its lively attitude, stayed on the lake!

His boat since then now runs much more respectably and considerably quicker:

Anyway this is the clip:....

Cheers

Craig

I hate to tell you but Dave Marles is just renaming the Chinese hulls. He does that also with many others including the Falcon 41 Cat. The Delta Force hulls are very competitive in heat racing as a few of them have won at the NAVIGA Championships.

I hate to tell you but Dave Marles is just renaming the Chinese hulls. He does that also with many others including the Falcon 41 Cat. The Delta Force hulls are very competitive in heat racing as a few of them have won at the NAVIGA Championships.
So the Prestwich Lynx 47 is a Delta Force ? or a knock off ????

Not that I really give a fat rats azz , mines getting a HOT CMB 90 and some tweaks
wink.gif

And it will run Nitro Offshore as I expect it to,
tongue.gif

Andy

Yup. It won't make Dave happy for people to find this out though.

There are tons of things in any industry that are relabeled as if you have enough money to buy a massive amount of any goods, a company will put your name on it. Do you think that Sears makes their own appliances? Nope, Kenmore runs on a line parallel with Whirlpools, I've been in the factory.

I have to say in respect of the Lynx 47, if it is the Delta Force renamed, I don’t personally have any issue with that. I’m not even sure that Dave might be unhappy for people to know about that (as suggested) because in fairness he doesn’t attempt to pass off the design and build as being of his own origin.

Both myself and my twin brother have both bought the Lynx 47 with the deal package and it delivered exactly what it promised. That is a great all round boat with quality components all for a competitive price.

That makes for a satisfied customer that will buy again and that includes me for one.

Cheers

Craig

Back