anybody run REDMAX fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killernitro

all i can get local is this redmax 25% its made in sc. is it pure syn or does it have any castrol oil in it. im old school and like the smell. ?? should i add some KLOTZ BENOIL

search FHS Supply on google to get info on it.....im a hardcore Redmax fan, i use 25%, a few drops of ATF oil at the end of the day, and it works very well.

Joe

REDMAX is the shizzle my nizzle ....... sorry, darn MTV.

I run Redmax 60% in all of my boats with tremendous sucess, I live in S.C. and feel a little honored that FHS Redmax is close by. GREAT fuel!

~ James

LOL! TF snoopdog! ;D

i'v been using red max 55% and 65% with great results. seems as though everyone aound here is using it now, so that says a lot too. great price of $32.00 a gallon of 65% at my LHS. i'd say it's just as good as odonnels, sidewinder, byrons, etc. i've had many lean runs with it and have had no engine problems at all. i add an ounce of sig's AA castor to each full gallon for extra insurance.

good stuff! :)

Fa Hizzle my sizzle! It's all good. Especially RedMax it's da bomb! I run 50% and it's about $30 a gallon. Leaves the money (motor) nice and clean with easy ATF and Corrision X as an after clean, good as new.

Guys

Red max pizzel, puts the fizzle in my drizzel...

After years of using both redmax and Byron... Byron wins hands down.. Has little to do with RPM boat speed and all the jizzel you might dizzel.. More to do with bearing life and jug consistency.

Grimdog

Byrons is great too!! I use it in all of my R/C race cars.

I drive a cadillac, wear a perm cuz im a G ..... im a mo fo P. I. M. P.

( im a Giant Dork : :) )

~ James

I use Redmax 40% in 3 of my boats, and I really like it.

seems to have good oil content in it. going on 5 gals through one motor. cant be all that bad.

i broke it in with Max, and am keeping it with Maxxie.

I have run Redmax 60% RM900 ;D , the RM900 is a special oil mix for boat racers :eek: . I have had very good luck with this fuel :-*. TB

We used Byron's for years. However, all the guys have gone to distributing RedMax. Where can you get Byron's these days???? ???

Red Max makes a good product. I am not sure of the castor content, like some one else said contact FHS and they can answer that. Several guys in my club get together at the begining of the season and order fuel direct from FHS and they kill the prices I see you guys talking about.

It does hit me as funny that several people say the fuel they are running is the best, but then say they are adding oil to it???????? Sounds like you don't trust the product you are praising.

Mark

I'm currently running 50% Red Max and like it alot more than others that I have run. That includes Byron's, Ritches, Fantom and O'Donnell. My engines ran cleaner without the buildup that I got from O'Donnell plus seemed to run faster. I've still got almost a Gallon of 60% Byron's that EMS couldn't take back with him to Oz that I will give a shot again. Grimmy is selling Byron's but I don't know if he ships it, you'd have to ask him.

It's funny Mark pointed out that you guys are adding oil to your fuel?? Why is that?? I never add oil to my RedMax, O'Donnell's or Byron's.

Sig, Omega, etc...I added a ton of oil before I stopped using that crap.

as i said, i add an ounce of castor to a full gallon (128 ounces, so that's less than 1%) of fuel for insurance. this is something that i like to do, you don't have to Mark.
dunno.gif
i do this to any fuel i use. i see no performance loss, and castor's cheap. so, why not? ;)

do we really know what's in every batch of fuel? i'd like to trust everything i use, but there's always a chance of factory mixture error. ???

I used to add oil to my fuel, after running the Redmax "boat" blend fuel, I didnt see a need to.

It has plenty of oil in it. 5.5 gals through a screaming .21 and never a problem and still running like its new.

I do know what your saying for added ins. I just run mine alittle richer is all.

Just to clarify

Bryon sponsors me but I do not sell their Fuel. As much as I like the stuff (its a long story) I recommend that you tell your LHS to get it for you.

My favorite thing about Bryon fuel is the oil...not to much you see...” lots of oil not so good”. It can build heat believe it or not.

Here is the score in cheesehead terms.

To much oil in your fuel is like eating a BIG cheese pizza.. once its in there it has to come out.. too much,,,, and well....PRESSURE.. and heat..

Not low oil, not high oil..... Bryons is just right..

Grim

**** Clay didn't mean to get ya worked up, just pointed out something that I thought was funny. If the extra ounce works for you thats cool. In twenty seven years in this sport I have run about every fuel out there. If I didn't feel the manufacturer was putting a proper oil package in I did not run there fuel. And yes I do now know exactly what is in my fuel because I went to the shop and mixed it up. When I fly to a race I buy O'donnel when I get to where I am going because I think it is the best product on the market.

I still suggest that if you question the content of the fuel ask the manufacturer, If they won't answer your questions find a new supplier.

Mark

lol, no sweat mark! i didn't mean to come across like i was offended, i get along with everyone! :) that's the only trouble with talking in text, there's no smile and body language visible so it's easy to misinterpret replies.

anyhow, i know who you are, and hold much respect for your advice. so keep it coming my friend ;)

Back