Any Info on Scale Motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADGASBOATING

Has anyone built one of these motors Allison V-1710?

I e-mailed them and they have some in stock.

What do you guys and gals think?

Would like to have a couple different motors to try in my scale projects.

There's the newton motors,the Insane. and I'll like to see the Allison V-1710,may have to get one.

I know some builders are building close motor wells it would be awesome to have some

dummy motors to chose from.

DSC_0007.JPG

Insane T_Boat motor2.jpg

zallisonwebart1.jpg

Mine is not the greatest but you can get them from Larry Kraemer. His email is [email protected]

He sells complete engine kits (merlins,Allisons and turbo allisons)

gallery_128_863_119752.jpg

Rob, thats a cool looking motor,see thats what I'm talking about.

I didn't know about Larry. Sure would like to see the scale boats

grow like the Thunderboats did. Here in Dist.5 and 7 you might have

1-2 sometimes 3 heats of T-Boats. My favorite boat to race.

Guys keep up the post about any scale boats you know of.

Todd just looking for motor options, my boat are scratch from Newton Master List.

http://www.intlwater...showtopic=54297

http://www.intlwater...showtopic=54252

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan,I believe you are talking about Gas Scale from PM's and other threads,which is 20% larger than 1/8 scale.Most of the available motors are 1/8 scale rather than Gas Scale.

Harv, Yea thats what I was talking about. I think the more choices we have the better.

1/6 scale gas motors to cover the gas engine. I really like the open motor bay over a closed bay.

I have just ordered two of these Allison V12s, building 1/10 scale 1954 Breathless U-22 from Gary Finlay plans. Doug Campbell classichydros.com is wonderful looking all wood kit. Super responsive on emails, communication and shipping, great price at $25 considering all the time and details in design. Although I plan to modify with some additional plastic, aluminum, wiring and details looking forward to this one. Now all I need Doug to design is the Allison W24 ;)

Nice to know there are other engine alternatives, @Duck899 - your modeled Larry Kraemer Merlin engine looks really nice!

Maybe I'll compile a sticky list of all the reputable engine and driver kits available out there for all the different scales.

Back