Another boat not received(Now received)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Moore

Well i didn't think i would ever have to do this but here i am. Bought a boat from an IW member 46 days ago through PAYPAL and still no boat. Have sent numourous emails and pms to this guy with at first responses up till about a week after the boat ( i assume was or was not) sent.I asked for a shipping date and tracking number and still no reply. I know he is getting the emails as it goes to his phone. I contacted PAYPAL and i guess after the 45 days your out of luck on a dispute.

There where 3 other IW members that was named in the sale as referance to how the boat ran. I have PMed two of them with one i got a reply. He is a good friend of the accused and sayed he will try to get ahold of this guy. I have as of yet to hear anything else back. The accused lives in GA and im from Ontario Canada. So question is what now? Any ideas? i prefer not to start dropping names out there to start something. The accused did say in the start that he was busy (who isnt) and gets to the post office 1 day a week. In one PM he stated he never sent the boat on the Monday he sayed because he has minor surgery and was sending it out on the Tues. Fare enough till a week after that i get a PM saying boat has been shipped. Since then no contact.

Anyone?

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put stuff into the mail to Canada in the past that took some months to arrive and some stuff that never arrived. I hope that your boat arrives safe and sound.

Al Hobbs

I get stuff shipped to Canada all the time and usually wait about 8 business days to get it. Never had an issue with Canada Customs holding anything up. If you don't have something in 2 weeks, it didn't get sent.

I agree with the above. Shipping to Canada is difficult and can be a lengthy process. You should ask for a shipping confirmation from the seller and or a tracking number, which should have been provided as common etiquette. If the item is a complete boat it is large enough to demand a tracking number. Good Luck!

No i have not had any trouble in the past recieving stuff from the US till now. Im pretty patient when it comes to stuff like this as there can be mnay reasons. But when you get no answers for 3 weeks straight you start to wonder.

Ya Kevin Asked for all that. Tracking number, date sent. Even when he did reply he still didn't answer my question on the item.

All it takes is 1 discrepancy to hold up a order. I send to Canada and every Country, some I never heard off. I have had it take 2 weeks to 6 weeks.

Unless this person sent Express Mail you won't get tracking to your door.

However, There WILL be a US Tracking number associated with shipment Period!!.That way you at least know the person paid and offered a shipment to USPS.

US To Where ever

If its under or over $400 and under 4lbs it will start with LC

If its under or over $400 and over 4lbs it will start with PC

This may not help you and I'm sorry your having trouble. Hope you get your boat.

Tim

Thanks guys. I have a few guys from the US side looking into it for me. Im hoping its just hung up at the border some where.

jeff

agreed with all of the above. the customs form has a # (not specifically a tracking #) that can be used to track the package as far as leaving canadian customs. after that you lose the tracking ability. most of the things i have shipped to canada has taken from 2 - 3 weeks, did have 1 take almost 7 weeks.

I have had some issues with shipping to canada and outside the US, sometimes I have had a package held up in customs and one was lost in transit for a week, things do happen but 45 days it should have been there by know. Hope you get your boat.

Beau

You do loose the ability to track international shipments it when it leaves the states. it is Best to ship insured UPS NOT USPS So both parties are covered. Most large canada shipments do slow down so customs are access duties to them. IF the SHIP TO address has a UPS account they bill the account the duties and forward the shipment.. Any large box that has a Low Declared value to dodge duties is suspect for customs....... Many hobby shops in the US Ship Insured and With the Real Declared value so the item is insured and can be Replaced if lost........ if it is traveling mail?? GOOD LUCK its CHEAP...... But you get what you pay for?? The seller should at least Fax you the paper work they received when it was shipped & how it is traveling........

I shiped a engine back to CRE Racing in Canada and it just so happend the dogs did`nt like the smell of nitro,and held it up for a few weeks. Good luck JB>

You do loose the ability to track international shipments it when it leaves the states.
This is actually not true. There is a website, that escapes my memory at this point, that will provide tracking of international shipments even those shipped USPS. I have used it several times when shipping lasercut stuff. As it turns out, the USPS packages are assigned a new tracking number by the receiving mail system, lets say in this case Canadian Post, and this website provided tracking continuity. When I think of the name I will post it, I just used it a few months back to track a cowl coming from Israel to the US and the same applied

You do loose the ability to track international shipments it when it leaves the states.
This is actually not true. There is a website, that escapes my memory at this point, that will provide tracking of international shipments even those shipped USPS. I have used it several times when shipping lasercut stuff. As it turns out, the USPS packages are assigned a new tracking number by the receiving mail system, lets say in this case Canadian Post, and this website provided tracking continuity. When I think of the name I will post it, I just used it a few months back to track a cowl coming from Israel to the US and the same applied
This is correct if you are shipping USPS mail service..........

Id be happy if the guy did give me a tracking number or a date sent or even a reply to a email. Can't get either one from this dude. So are you guys saying i might be able to track it some how if i get ahold of customs? Got nothing to go on now.I don't even know how he shipped it. To much trust i guess.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back