**An MC6 Nats suggestion**

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drobie

To the organizers and participants....

Here's some quick math:

In our neighborhood, we can hire security for 8-$12 an hour.

Let's say it's 12 bucks an hour.

8 hours X 4 nights is 32 hours X $12 is $384.

Divide that by 50 racers and that's about $7.75 each.

I would gladly pay many times that to not have to pack up and drag all my stuff to the car twice a day for 4 days.

MMUE, do you want to pack up your equipment every night and set it up again in the morning?

Anybody else feel the same way?

drobie said:
Here's some quick math:

I would gladly pay many times that to not have to pack up and drag all my stuff to the car twice a day for 4 days.

MMUE, do you want to pack up your equipment every night and set it up again in the morning?

90344[/snapback]

Dennis Whitt said:
drobie said:
Here's some quick math:

90344[/snapback]

90346[/snapback]

Gee I dont think its a good idea because then it would cost 1075.00 and a week a way from home. :D

Actually I wouldnt have a problem with it as long as everybody else is ok with it.

In theory that sounds good Doug, but I don't want my equipment waking up with a 1/4 inch of dew on/in it. What if a storm comes through? I'll be working on hulls, hopfully not to late but I don't want to find that I left that tool I need back at the park

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory that sounds good Doug, but I don't want my equipment waking up with a 1/4 inch of dew on/in it.
Bingo.. and I dont' trust some 8 dollar and hours rent a cop to watch thousands of dollars of equipment..

brooks93 said:
In theory that sounds good Doug, but I don't want my equipment waking up with a 1/4 inch of dew on/in it.
Bingo.. and I dont' trust some 8 dollar and hours rent a cop to watch thousands of dollars of equipment..

90378[/snapback]

Just an idea that as worked for us at our events. It actually a bigger benefit for the organizers.

We didn't even use pros. Just a couple of trustworthy locals who sat under the shelter and played cards all night.

Dew? We run boats guys. Chargers can be covered. Toolboxes closed.

Just an idea that seems not to have legs.

sorry still not going to trust thousands of dollars of equipment to just sit there.. Pluse there is going to be alot of tent to watch and a million ways to get into that tent..

They can do it if they want but, I am not leaving my stuff..

haha

Ah... yeah security gaurds wink wink. We'll do that. Leave your stuff. It will be fine.

psst.. Kelly, wake up! Let's run down to the tent and find some new motors. I think Fine's pit is on the end of the tent. We'll wait for the gaurd to be at the other end of the 200' of tent then we'll slip in, grab the boxes and run back up over the hill.

Yikes. Not my stuff.

Plus when you leave in the evening and the sky is perfect and it's sunny and 80 so you don't worry about a little chance of rain. Then you wake up at 2:00 am to a 45 degree rain storm with sheer winds that take the rain horizontal. Welcome to Michigan campers.

MC3 had 88 degrees and sun on Friday and 45 degrees and windy rain on Saturday. Everyone was misserable. No lightening though. We raced on. I think for MC2 they had snow on the ground.

psst.. Kelly, wake up! Let's run down to the tent and find some new motors. I think Fine's pit is on the end of the tent. We'll wait for the gaurd to be at the other end of the 200' of tent then we'll slip in, grab the boxes and run back up over the hill.
LOL kinda what I was thinking..But you know it would make building that late night racers alot easier if you had more choices in parts.. LOL

I am just kidding I would not in any way consider doing this to Chris or anyone for that matter.. Only Drobie

well on second thought he doesn't have anything I can use anyway.. LOL

Latest posts

Back