aeromarineresearch.com

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Homer

Ran through some web searches yesterday, and came across this site. They have a book and software available (about the cost of a good mod 3.5 engine..lol) that will help you design and optimize tunnel hulls. These are geared towards full size boats, obviously, but it just seems to me physics is physics. Wouldn't the same formulas and theories work on our models? Has anyone worked with these? Any comments??

Guys

Jimboat is the big wheel at aeromarine research and has shared a fair amount of his knowledge on here on a couple of occassions. He hasn't dropped in for awhile though.

Hi guys....

Sorry I haven't dropped in for a while. Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll help if I can.

FYI...David Homer is right! The principles of tunnel hull design work for any size of boat, because the performance and analysis formulae are based on "first-principles" engineering - so size, speed and setup conditions are all automatically considered by the software. So all the stuff that works for full size boats works just as well for RC tunnel boat design too.

/Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jim...where ya been?

I've seen some of the formulas regarding full scale boats...made my head hurt. :blink:

(I'm a simple man)

Back