aeromarine Vector 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonBoushard

Hey guys newbie to gas boats thinking about the aeromarine vector 45 for offshore racing. anyone heard anything on them or run one with offshore?

As an offshore boat I have always liked the challenger 48" from aeromarine. Personally I have never seen a vector before so I can't help you on that boat.

I love my vector!! Finished second in open offshore at the gas Nat's this year, won a couple heats in lsg27 mono, too (-; Chilli has sewed up open offshore with his here in D12, with 1 more race still to go. Trent Ghattas holds some SAW records with 1 too. Great all around mono, IMO! If you get one & need setup info, lmk.

hell yeah gotta love getting advice from another mopar fan.

I will be in D-12 too chilli watchout! I would love set up advice I have never built a gas boat before.

I have a 1950 dodge pu with a 360 v8 and 727 3 speed.

truck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool p/u!! I had a '50 dodge panel years ago, stock drivetrain. I currently have a '73 charger, 360 out of a '72 c body, magnum heads, efi. Backed by a 727/gear vendors with 3.55 gears. Where in D-12 are you?

Great boat although Aeromarine has been a bit of a challenge to work with lately. The boat finishes heats and if set up right can carve very nice left hand turns without letting off the throttle. Trent had a nice build thread on Jim's when it first came out but I believe it got deleted when they got hacked. Since you'll be D12, I'll give you the set up info. Prop shaft centerline mounted one inch from the bottom. Mount the motor where the radio box usually goes.....
default_blink.png
default_laugh.png
..Seriously, LMK when you're ready to put it together and we'll hook you up.

Great boat although Aeromarine has been a bit of a challenge to work with lately. The boat finishes heats and if set up right can carve very nice left hand turns without letting off the throttle. Trent had a nice build thread on Jim's when it first came out but I believe it got deleted when they got hacked. Since you'll be D12, I'll give you the set up info. Prop shaft centerline mounted one inch from the bottom. Mount the motor where the radio box usually goes.....
default_blink.png
default_laugh.png
..Seriously, LMK when you're ready to put it together and we'll hook you up.
Boy, ain't you gonna be a bunch of help....LMAO! But you forgot about the metal tank & electric fuel pump, also needing an AM radio for gas boats LOL. I think he's up near Pittsburgh. Jason, you need to come down to Ft. Ritchie/Cascade, MD in 2 weeks for our last d-12 race & check out the guys, boats & racing (-; Contact Bob Morton on here, he is coming down & is holding some record trials near Pittsburgh soon.

Robin i want to come see you this week and get this d tunnel to you .i need to make a decision this week if i should go or not .but i want the class to run with or without me .chilli did you get any video of yesterday?

I did get a little but I havent had time to check it out. Went to work right after T&T yesterday, then to bed, got up, cut the grass this morning, back to work this afternoon, sleep tonight, back to work tomorrow morning..... Will try to post up in a day or two.

lol I am in Virginia Beach normally right now I am deployed in the gulf sweating my you know what off. So going to Ft. Ritchie/Cascade, MD in 2 weeks is going to be kinda difficult. I am hoping to race part of 2016 and all of 2017. I have a p hydro almost ready to go and I am looking at picking up a canard but might pass on that depending on how the mono runs.

Ill have to see on that day robin .i ran it sunday and it's good to go .jason you'll love racing in this district great group of people

I know some already Michael I have done time trials and got to race a few races one year with fe stuff but offshore looks like the most fun to me. hope it pans out and I have 3 or 4 boats to race in 2017 that would be allot of fun I think.

The Vector is a very good running Gas Mono for either heat racing or offshore racing. the downside is the Ugly Cowl that is needed to make it legal for offshore class (I cut mine off just past the cockpit part of the cowl. They basically took the cowl for a Conquest and modified it to fit the Vector hull. As Chilli stated, it may take a very long time to get your hands on one from Aeromarine since it seems like they have all but stopped building hulls for some unknown reason. I know people that have waited over a year for a hull from them and that is just ridiculous. Mine had 3 hard seasons of heat racing and is now in the hands of another D-12 racer to enjoy for a few more years. If you can find one in good shape, they are good boats, I replaced mine with a rampage 2 and even though it is a longer boat than the Vector, I totally love it!!!! Have not tried it in off shore, but it is a killer boat for gas mono heat racing....... Lets put it this way, my Vector ran a CC racing "beast" engine that uses a 1mm stroker crank, the Rampage 2 uses a CC racing Pro Mod (modified 25.9) and it is at least 3 mph faster than the Vector was.

well if they are having wait times like that I don't want to deal with them does anyone have any suggestions on a hull?

I would entertain a cat I like cats. I am on deployment right now so have to wait till I got home do you have pics of your cat?

Latest posts

Back