Aeromarine Titan for P-Offshore

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixondave

Been playing around with this Titan that I just got in the mail from an auction. Guy told me it had a 4turn arm and turns out it has a 6 turn Plett 290/30/torque hooorayy should be a good P-Offshore arm. Removed the turn fins and trim tabs for testing and I may have to put the trim tabs back on but the turn fins are definitely staying off, this thing turns like it was on rails. So far the best setup has been:

Prop: 235

Top Speed 29.7mph

Runtime 5:20

I have the CG even with the end of the inner spray rail but it still porpoises down the straights thinking about adding a little, 2 degrees strut angle. If you feel like jumping in please offer any advice.

David Alvarez

I'd keep the strut neutral and throw the tabs back on. Keep them neutral make sure their a 1/32 above the transom edge. That hull does get wild at higher speeds its width makes it flighty in the straights.

Paul Pachmayer had one of these set up with a PlettFine Gear drive and 12 cells. Sounded real cool and carved the water like it was on a rail!

It's a BIG looking boat, but it sure looked cool. I wonder if he still has it...

- Andy

K.R.

Before I put the tabs back on I added about 2 degrees of thrust and then ran the boat. That got rid of about 1/2 the flightyness. I then re-installed the trim tabs making sure to mount them high and also bent them up about 10 to 15 degrees. Now the boat is still very loose but it is also very drivable. You are sooooo right about the width of the boat, it is so wide that the thing acts like a big wing. the only thing really in the water down the straights is the prop.

David Alvarez

Paul Pachmayer had one of these set up with a PlettFine Gear drive and 12 cells. Sounded real cool and carved the water like it was on a rail!

It's a BIG looking boat, but it sure looked cool. I wonder if he still has it...

- Andy
nope, Paul doesn't have it anymore....I bought it from him (pic attached). I have not had a chance to get it wet yet....but soon hopefully...and can provide more input then....

Kensmith, Good to see that beauty went into some good hands. Should be interesting to see what kind of speed and runtime you get out of that set-up. Love those old Megas there like the old reliable Allison engines of Unlimited fame. 8)

Back