Advertising they splashed an Aeromarine?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Looks like this guy saw the error of his ways. All 3 of the the splash auctions have been pulled.

Paul.

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hello Tim,
This is all fine but who will you sell your product to if people don't have a job to earn the money needed to buy your product.
You know, I really don't belive that will ever be a problem. It's a global economy guys, you either roll with it or you get left behind.

Paul.

77232[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with a global econamy as long as everyone is on the same playing feild.

Here in Canada the cost of doing busness if very high simply because of the laws we have in place to protect workers as well as things like the enviroment.

I really doubt that China would be able to under cut the rest of the world by so much if they had to play buy the same rules.

Remember this is a world problem not just a North American problem.

I work for a large automotive parts manufacturer and our number one competition is China.

We are loosing more and more contracts all the time and we are laying more and more people off just to try to stay competetive.

As for the quality issue my company has won numerious quality and service awards in the last ten years and still we are loosing work .

This is all about the dollar and it is not because of the consumer it is the large corperations that are investing billions into China.

Low labour costs no enviromental issues equals huge proffits.

What is that old saying ?

The rich get richer.

as long as import products are made usa is in second place. I know, i sell them every day..

I work for a company that makes lifting devices for over head lifting.. this year alone, steel prices have went up.. one company give us a 25 % increase. the cable i sell just for reference. 1/2 iwrc wire rope ( import ) .67 per ft, domestic

3.67 per ft. all because they people there work for a dollar a day or what ever it is they make.

to bad, people are always going to buy them as long as the price difference is there.

But hey, bush wanted to open the borders and give people temporary visa's to work here in the states..

You Canadians might have it rougher! Did you see that your Goverment wants to put a 100% tariff on all foreign made full-sized boats from inflatables on up? If you've had your eye on a Ranger Bass boat or that multi-Million Dollar yacht you'd better get it now unless it's made in Canada.

guys admit it, these whole thing is western countries doing. especially US. i am from an asian country and see how americans and other western countries ripped us of our natural resources and then sell them to us as a finished product way too much for ordinary people to buy. you see, for its been this for ages. maybe it's payback time, lol. :D

this globalization anyway is americas own doing, they thought they'll get all the advantages. well i guess some asian countries do get their share. how i wish mine will be joining soon.

i don't like splashing though, i think that if you want to sell somwething, then do make your own design.

ernest2 said:
guys admit it, these whole thing is western countries doing. especially US. i am from an asian country and see how americans and other western countries ripped us of our natural resources and then sell them to us as a finished product way too much for ordinary people to buy. you see, for its been this for ages. maybe it's payback time, lol. :D this globalization anyway is americas own doing, they thought they'll get all the advantages. well i guess some asian countries do get their share. how i wish mine will be joining soon.

i don't like splashing though, i think that if you want to sell somwething, then do make your own design.

77409[/snapback]

:blink: Been reading ..........

The above post pretty much tells the sad story of sharing progressive thinking and the effect it has on the source.

As in: Get the world envolved into global marketing and manufacturing, everyones standards of living get better ............. yea right :p

take these non progressive thinking countrys into our western world way of thinking and doing buisness, the *uckers are like a plague of friggen *ockroachs.

<_< a redreck, damm straight ......... Let the Ass*oles grow there own food, make their own inventions and do their own R&D ......... let see how far they get with that !!

But I do agree that our own greed for more more more has backfired :eek:

Ironic really ... if history has tought us anything, it would be that for some to have more ... others will have less.

Seems the ballance is shifting.

:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Schneider said:
ernest2 said:
guys admit it, these whole thing is western countries doing. especially US. i am from an asian country and see how americans and other western countries ripped us of our natural resources and then sell them to us as a finished product way too much for ordinary people to buy. you see, for its been this for ages. maybe it's payback time, lol. :D this globalization anyway is americas own doing, they thought they'll get all the advantages. well i guess some asian countries do get their share. how i wish mine will be joining soon.

77409[/snapback]

:blink: Been reading ..........

The above post pretty much tells the sad story of sharing progressive thinking and the effect it has on the source.

As in: Get the world envolved into global marketing and manufacturing, everyones standards of living get better ............. yea right :p

take these non progressive thinking countrys into our western world way of thinking and doing buisness, the *uckers are like a plague of friggen *ockroachs.

<_< a redreck, damm straight ......... Let the Ass*oles grow there own food, make there our inventions and do their own R&D ......... let see how far they get with that !!

:angry:

77418[/snapback]

Those Ass*oles invented gun powder? :) just pouring fuel on the fire ;)

Adam

Man O' Man,

Kids filling cracks in castings before paint and little old ladies winding armatures by hand!
Where did you get that idea? I looked at the pics and found zero kids working in that plant. Oh ya, BTW, some of the best armatures in the world are hand wound.

I really doubt that China would be able to under cut the rest of the world by so much if they had to play buy the same rules.
I wouldn't bet money on that. They have a HUGE population in China. The average factory worker makes about 375.00 USD per month for working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Now before you get all wound up multiply that dollar figure by 8 and that's about what their pay is in USD. The people take pride in their work and are glad to have a job.

In the end I would bet my bottom dollar that China will be the worlds super power and its largest consumer. They will leave the world in their wake. Their becoming more creative in their thinking and the government has privatized business rather than running it. It will take time but once they get it all in one sock everybodie's in trouble, mark my words.

Paul.

One other thing,

As far as Canada is concerned, why is it that Vancouvers nick-name is Hongcouver? Could it be they have an surplus Chinese population? What about the universities in Canada, their educating more Chinese students than anywhere else on the globe, talk about empowerment.

Paul.

The average factory worker makes about 375.00 USD per month for working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Now before you get all wound up multiply that dollar figure by 8 and that's about what their pay is in USD.
Wheres the multiply by 8 come from??

Looks like $1.20 an hour to me and thats high from what Iv'e heard

As far as Canada is concerned, why is it that Vancouvers nick-name is Hongcouver? Could it be they have an surplus Chinese population? What about the universities in Canada, their educating more Chinese students than anywhere else on the globe, talk about empowerment.
How many of these students do you think what to go back and make $1.20 an hour?

This is not a problem created by China or it's people. It is created by the big US and other Western world corps that are USING the Chinese people. They pay low wages, skirt enviromental laws in their own contries and mass produce. Now there building modernized plants in China that instead of making 2000 mini lathes a month will make 2000 a day!! They better step back and rember what happened in CUBA!!!

As for a fare playing field I had one company we supply bring in PPAP(quality control basically) go ask most asian companies what PPAP is and they'll probably go do a search in a medical text :D Then the company sources offshore projects and wheres PPAP go?? It's crap, but I really like my areomarine Titain :D

titain10_small.JPG

Terry Keeley said:
Wanna see how Harbor Freight sells a 7 x 10 lathe for $300,
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/photos/lmsphotos.php

77390[/snapback]

I bought one of those a few months back... had to take it back for a faulty MOSFET chip. a $2.69 part and the whole thing was shot... oh well, i got a free set of gears for it anyways... lol

I'm not surprised they charge as little after seeing they use Jet machinery to mill the parts...

But, it's actually a pretty decent machine if you TEAR IT DOWN AND REMOVE ALL THE CASTING BURRS AND DEFECTS, AND RE-ASSEMBLE THE RIGHT WAY!!!

I am happy with mine, it took some modifying, but it'll do anything I want it to...

Shnick :D

Guys you have it good. Dave, and others that are out side the country can speak for this, they know all to well. You should have to pay customs duty on everything that you recieve. Or have all of the packages impounded and opened before you even get a notice that it is in country. And have that notice say invoice required and customs is holding it becasue they want what they think it will cost.

Knockoff, copies,improvements, call it what you will it has been a way of life for more years than any of us complaining. Markets around the world, have thrived and will thrive from these products because, PRICE DETERMAINS PURCHASE!!

FACT. On a few items you will pay the extra because you know the difference.

But we all are try to save a buck. And unless you have Bill Gates money or

a Huge contrat the avarge person is going to get what suits their pocket. Made in CHINA or not.

As for the tarrif on the boat: It is a luxury item and you will pay a luxury tax to have it. I know. We had one that was 75% for every ft pass $10.$$$ on the total

cost.

LOU said:
The average factory worker makes about 375.00 USD per month for working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Now before you get all wound up multiply that dollar figure by 8 and that's about what their pay is in USD.
Wheres the multiply by 8 come from??

Looks like $1.20 an hour to me and thats high from what Iv'e heard

How many of these students do you think what to go back and make $1.20 an hour?

This is not a problem created by China or it's people. It is created by the big US and other Western world corps that are USING the Chinese people. They pay low wages, skirt enviromental laws in their own contries and mass produce. Now there building modernized plants in China that instead of making 2000 mini lathes a month will make 2000 a day!! They better step back and rember what happened in CUBA!!!

As for a fare playing field I had one company we supply bring in PPAP(quality control basically) go ask most asian companies what PPAP is and they'll probably go do a search in a medical text :D Then the company sources offshore projects and wheres PPAP go?? It's crap, but I really like my areomarine Titain :D

titain10_small.JPG

77427[/snapback]

PPAP = Production Part Approval Process at least where i work :)

Its bad timing for us as we get to witness it first hand but as the past has shown, for thousands of years, EVERY Superpower crumbles in on itself and all the signs are there now. The US is no longer the worlds largest market/consumer place (india is now number 1 and China numbers 2 ((China will be number 1 in 5 years)).

Even Isreal who has ONLY done military business (Billions of $$/A) with the US is now working to put all orders through China and "wooing" them! Yea, I would try and make friends with the guy who's gonna carry the big stick in a few years too!!!

I started a side business exporting Canadian Ice-wine to India 2 years ago (I know the owner of a winery) and I have already shipped more to Inda than has been sold in Canada (For 800 bucks a bottle!). India has grown faster than the US and there is a much higher percentage of Indian's with "Consumer cash" or expndable cash than the Americans or Canadian have (In other words, a Higher "Middle Class" than America (Please note when a Canadian sais "America" he means BOTH Canada, US, And Mexico!). You can thank the good paying jobs from Dell, HP and Chrysler in India for that. When your sittin back tonight in front of the TV saying "man" i just gotta save for a month or 2 for that Plasma TV", Theres another middle class guy in India, WATCHIN his Plasma TV and eying up a new Cadilac Escalade from the comercials!!!!!! Kinda ticks me off a tad. Thier Lower class is shrinking at a rate that is higher than any other global economy!!!!!

When the Italian Prime Minister (Yesterdays Meeting) berrates Bush for having a weak dollar and saying that the US weak dollar is giving Europe an un-fair advantage and promoting dumping of Product out of the US, Thats scarry!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedway said:
Its bad timing for us as we get to witness it first hand but as the past has shown, for thousands of years, EVERY Superpower crumbles in on itself and all the signs are there now.  The US is no longer the worlds largest market/consumer place (india is now number 1 and China numbers 2 ((China will be number 1 in 5 years)). 
  Even Isreal who has ONLY done military business (Billions of $$/A) with the US is now working to put all orders through China and "wooing" them!    Yea, I would try and make friends with the guy who's gonna carry the big stick in a few years too!!!   

I started a side business exporting Canadian Ice-wine to India 2 years ago (I know the owner of a winery) and I have already shipped more to Inda than has been sold in Canada (For 800 bucks a bottle!).    India has grown faster than the US and there is a much higher percentage of Indian's with "Consumer cash" or expndable cash than the Americans or Canadian have (In other words, a Higher "Middle Class" than America (Please note when a Canadian sais "America" he means BOTH Canada, US, And Mexico!).    You can thank the good paying jobs from Dell, HP and Chrysler in India for that.    When your sittin back tonight in front of the TV saying "man" i just gotta save for a month or 2 for that Plasma TV", Theres another middle class guy in India, WATCHIN his Plasma TV and eying up a new Cadilac Escalade from the comercials!!!!!!  Kinda ticks me off a tad.    Thier Lower class is shrinking at a rate that is higher than any other global economy!!!!!

When the Italian Prime Minister (Yesterdays Meeting) berrates Bush for having a weak dollar and saying that the US weak dollar is giving Europe an un-fair advantage and promoting dumping of Product out of the US, Thats scarry!!!!

77475[/snapback]

I guess we are all doomed, if Mr. Know-It-All says so! :)

Oh, the U.S. economy is so bad! Our world is crumbling before us! :( :(

Only someone who knows nothing on the subject, would think that the Isrealis (who have been flying French aircraft since the 50's) have only done military business with the U.S. Yes, sir. We build thousands of French Mirage jets here in America! :D

Oh yes, there are millions of Cadillac Escalades zipping around India!

How come every tiime I see any video from India, there is a train going by so overloaded with passengers that some are sitting on the roofs of the cars? :)

And, if they are doing so damned good, how come most of the population is still wearing the "big shirt" for clothing? People don't dress like that if they have an option! :)

KW

Kevin Whitehead said:
Speedway said:
Its bad timing for us as we get to witness it first hand but as the past has shown, for thousands of years, EVERY Superpower crumbles in on itself and all the signs are there now.   The US is no longer the worlds largest market/consumer place (india is now number 1 and China numbers 2 ((China will be number 1 in 5 years)).  
   Even Isreal who has ONLY done military business (Billions of $$/A) with the US is now working to put all orders through China and "wooing" them!    Yea, I would try and make friends with the guy who's gonna carry the big stick in a few years too!!!   

I started a side business exporting Canadian Ice-wine to India 2 years ago (I know the owner of a winery) and I have already shipped more to Inda than has been sold in Canada (For 800 bucks a bottle!).    India has grown faster than the US and there is a much higher percentage of Indian's with "Consumer cash" or expndable cash than the Americans or Canadian have (In other words, a Higher "Middle Class" than America (Please note when a Canadian sais "America" he means BOTH Canada, US, And Mexico!).    You can thank the good paying jobs from Dell, HP and Chrysler in India for that.    When your sittin back tonight in front of the TV saying "man" i just gotta save for a month or 2 for that Plasma TV", Theres another middle class guy in India, WATCHIN his Plasma TV and eying up a new Cadilac Escalade from the comercials!!!!!!   Kinda ticks me off a tad.    Thier Lower class is shrinking at a rate that is higher than any other global economy!!!!!

77475[/snapback]

I guess we are all doomed, if Mr. Know-It-All says so! :)

Oh, the U.S. economy is so bad! Our world is crumbling before us! :( :(

Only someone who knows nothing on the subject, would think that the Isrealis (who have been flying French aircraft since the 50's) have only done military business with the U.S. Yes, sir. We build thousands of French Mirage jets here in America! :D

Oh yes, there are millions of Cadillac Escalades zipping around India!

How come every tiime I see any video from India, there is a train going by so overloaded with passengers that some are sitting on the roofs of the cars? :)

And, if they are doing so damned good, how come most of the population is still wearing the "big shirt" for clothing? People don't dress like that if they have an option! :)

KW

77487[/snapback]

And if everything is so great there then why are they still trying to come here :D :blink:

Tim K

All kidding aside.

I spoke with the head purchaser of our company today about this very problem

and he told me that in China right now they have a large number of

automotive casting plants sitting idle just waiting for the new power plant to be

completed and he figures that when it's finished our company will be history.

Not something you want to hear about a company you have worked for over twenty years.

Do you think Mc Donalds will hire a forty year old Tool Maker :unsure: .

He also went on to tell me that G.M. has invested over four billion recently and Ford Delphi and numerious others have also invested billions.

In fact A.C Delco has sent their head enginear there to live .

So who knows what the future will bring but it does make you think.

Back