Advance R/C Boat Modeling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exhaust throttles could be Bishop Marine Designs, cannot really tell from this photo. He made some good exhaust throttles about that time.

I also made some exhaust throttles that Mike Wisniewski sold. Then Mike sold or gave the design to Gardner.

Charles

The exhaust throttles could be Bishop Marine Designs, cannot really tell from this photo. He made some good exhaust throttles about that time.

I also made some exhaust throttles that Mike Wisniewski sold. Then Mike sold or gave the design to Gardner.

Charles
Howard Weeks did keep a lot of Bishop's parts in his hobby shop. I used Bishop Exhaust throttles and several of his parts. Joe Bishop made a lot of stuff. He also made a rigger kit and a canard kit.

Hi Andy,

Jim Courtwright of Stuart, FL I think, my oldest daughter can still remember a lot of the addresses of our regular prop customers, Jim was a regular and I think he was a member of the space coast r/c boat club wasn't he? Isn't the internet great!

Thanks, John

The rigger was called the Phantom. Cannot remember the canard. I think that he lived in Oklahoma at one time.

Charles

FYI John Finch had a 3 book series as pictured here. The model marine engine book is by Al Hobbs.

001.JPG

004.JPG

I had a Phantom rigger produced by Bishop Marine. Had a full cowl on it, with all sponsons adjustable. Cool looking boat. Would like to have another one.

I remember a Doug McNeely from Miami? that had a 3-engine rigger at the Bartow, Fl Nats around '83 or '84.....I was 8 at the time.....was so cool, it stuck in my memory

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Phantom rigger produced by Bishop Marine. Had a full cowl on it, with all sponsons adjustable. Cool looking boat. Would like to have another one.
Hello like to locate this rigger again also in the late 70's My Drafting teacher at Palm Bay high had One i helped him build it in school.He also had a twin based on that design.lost contact with him after I graduate.
Thxs

Ken

That was it! Phantom. Very nice boat! And yes, everything was adjustable. Sponsons, up, down, in, out. Solid shaft drive line was also fully adjustable. The engine could be adjusted up and down and the bearing blocks for the shaft, as well as strut. A guy in the Broward club had one with a Rossi 65. I ran really well...and fast.

The Bishop canard was a 3.5cc size. I don't know if there were other sizes.

Doug McNeely had a Yellow Pinckert Daytona with 3 K&B 7.5 O.B. powerheads that turned the square drive shafts via the PTO. He ran the boat in 85'-86'.

Hello like to locate this rigger again also in the late 70's My Drafting teacher at Palm Bay high had One i helped him build it in school.He also had a twin based on that design.lost contact with him after I graduate.
Thxs

Ken
That jogs my memory Ken. I saw that Twin. I not sure but the guy that built the Rossi 65 powered Phantom may be the ame as your teacher with the Twin. His name escapes my memory. The time would have been about 1977-78.

Hello like to locate this rigger again also in the late 70's My Drafting teacher at Palm Bay high had One i helped him build it in school.He also had a twin based on that design.lost contact with him after I graduate.Thxs

Ken
That jogs my memory Ken. I saw that Twin. I not sure but the guy that built the Rossi 65 powered Phantom may be the ame as your teacher with the Twin. His name escapes my memory. The time would have been about 1977-78.
Also the AOA was adjustable Is name was Howard Huddel lives in west Melbourne fl. i brought a boat to class in 9th grade to show him he was hooked we built his boats in class.he ran rossi 65 with a blue head.That twin boat was fastest boat I have ever driven.I had a chance to buy him out when I had return from the army in 86

But but at that time was doing other things. Last I knew he still has it all.would love to find the drawing to that boat.

Hello like to locate this rigger again also in the late 70's My Drafting teacher at Palm Bay high had One i helped him build it in school.He also had a twin based on that design.lost contact with him after I graduate.Thxs

Ken

That was him Ken! Howard Huddle! I have used to have pics of his boats. Wonder if I could find them...if they even still exist.

That was him Ken! Howard Huddle! I have used to have pics of his boats. Wonder if I could find them...if they even still exist.
Would be nice to have carbon fiber hardware for sponsons like the phantom had back then. I would buy an use today!!!

Back