Advance R/C Boat Modeling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golden.
default_cool.png

Would love to hear some more input from John from a reflective point of view after all these years .

Andy

Is that a twin 45 Picco powered cat on the cover ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin I'm not sure what year the magazine is. He has a bunch of Rc boat modeler magazines also.

I know there was talking of a triple engine rigger on here. There is a picture of one in the magazine.

That's around the time I probably seen the boats going around the pond and first got a itch for boats as a young boy!!!

At one time in my life I knew the name of the owner/builder of that boat. He was from the Palm Beach area I do remember that much.

My feable mind can't remember much more than that anymore????!!!!
Reedy Darville
default_smile.png

He also did a Cat with 4 K&B Outboards and had it at the Winter Nats some where around 1994 or so.

At one time in my life I knew the name of the owner/builder of that boat. He was from the Palm Beach area I do remember that much.

My feable mind can't remember much more than that anymore????!!!!
Reedy Darville :)
I remember the first mag article I had read by John Finch. It was in Flying Models about 1972?

It was not Reedy's Twin Cat. The owners name slips my mind, maybe I'll remember later. The engines are Rossi 80's. Howard Weeks built the engines, props. Howard was a master boat builder and prop reworker in the late 60's, 70's and 80's. I met him when I started building my first boat in 1973.. Howard was an inspiration and taught me a great deal about props in the early 70's.

Ah!...The owner of the Twin Cat was Courtwright. Maybe Jim was his first name. West Palm had a great club in those days.

The OPS 90 in the 80 Mongoose is sporting an Irwin pipe. Built by Don Bilsky of the Indy model boat club, the Mongoose with Coca-cola theme, was a feature build article in Flying Models mag around 1987.

With the Internet, books have become obsolete, but back in those days books were our connection to the r/c boat world.

attachicon.gif
IMAG0632.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMAG0632.jpg

Old Magazine with great info.
yes, I remember that issue, I actually have a copy among my stacks of magazines in the garage. That era reflected the huge growth of off-shore style cat's (in particular the AeroMarine boats). Twin cat's became very popular. And, yes, the engines are twin Rossi R80's (you can tell by the head and cylinder look). Also looks like Carl Brey exhaust throttles.

Advanced R/C Boat Modeling--- copyright was in 1992 second print 1994 third print was 2002 Ive got it sitting right here in my filing cabinet lol

Back