AC pro 40 hydro,info....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David

You may want to try adding a little cup to that stock prop that should help to keep the front down or try working with hydro props.

If you are going to Elmira in two weeks I will lend you one to try , take it home and try it at your pond see if it helps.

I hope to see you I would like a rematch LOL , great running boat David.

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tim: Thanks for the info. I won't be able to make it to Elmira, but I may take you up on your offer the next time I see you.

Why does a cupped prop help settle down the front of the boat?

Thanks, David

Dave

I am by no means a prop guru all I can tell you is what I have learned in testing .

I have never been a big fan of using x series props on hydro's simply because they lift the wrong area of the boat.

I have found that when I cup the prop it takes some of that lift out which helps bring the front down.

I am going to start working more with hydro props on my sport forty to see what works best for me.I will let you know what I come up with.

Maybe some of the real prop guru's could help us out a bit .

Sorry for getting off topic Redster.

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David: Checked out my boat today. I am running 3 oz. of strip weight just forward of the fuel tanks. The rudder is 4" long from the bottom of the boat to the bottom of the rudder. I was running a 20 rudder but it wanted to blow the boat over backwards. Changed to the 40/60 rudder and it made an incrediable difference. Hope this helps. Perry (Perry P. Walter, NAMBA 831)

Back