About my first boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angelos, How about adding some pics of the power (if it has any) and some additional info like length...electric, nitro, or gas?

600mm length an hpi esc (you can see it in photo) an e max metal gear servo 19 gr and the yuki 4000mah 30 c 7.4 v. Lipo. The boat came only with motor doesn't seem to show the turn the rest setup is mine. I see about 35 km for 2 min in the water but after the power goes down and the motor is burning . I saw some smoke from this when I open the hatch .the esc and the rest is fine . The balance and steering seems good . I have brand new fire bolt brushed 15 t 540 motor and I don't know if I could use it instead of this anonymous one. Any suggestions now please?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Angelos, I really do not have much to add other than:

- Make sure the spd control is in LiPo mode so you do not discharge too low.

- I am thinking 35kph is pretty good (21-22mph) out of 7.4 volts.

- If you want less heat and some more run time...try a smaller prop. Do you know the dia/pitch of the one you are using? I'm thinking something like an Octura X438 ...53mm pitch (2.09in) or X440 56MM pitch (2.20 in). If the shaft is smaller I might even try an Octura Y535 or a Grim Racer 36X55. I think they are 1/8th inch shaft size.

- The spd control is rated down to a 15T...so I would try that motor too.

It has been a while since I ran anything brushed. Two min would be ok for racing but not for a sport boat. When racing a brushed motor my thinking was if the connections stay soldered it's not too hot.
default_smile.png

In a brushed set up, I would be more worried if the LiPo was getting too hot. Do you have a small infared gauge?

If you think you might modernize...pick up a UL1 brushless motor and spd control and go to 4S. Easy 50kph (30+mph) and way less heat and longer run time.

Good luck, Roger C.

Since it is electric go to the electric forum you have alot of help there
Actually if you go over to Rum Runner of Offshore Electrics you will get a better response if some of the older guys are still around. I remeber the boat , but the brand alludes me- run alot more in Europe and such vs the US . I would agree with engineman351 on the brushless upgrade, brushed motors work, but the BL stuff has gotten sooo cheap that it will pay for its self in headache and dollars before the 3rd brush change imho.

Back