AA pipe measurement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Traufler

Supporting Member
I have a AA45 and pipe and I'm not sure where to take the pipe length measurement from. I attached a picture of the pipe as it comes from the factory, (with the pressure tap installed) and I THINK the measurement should be to the "seam" or the line around the pipe just past the pressure tap. This is going in a JAE 45 rigger and I was looking at starting with a 9 3/4" length (glow plug to the seam) but I wanted to see if this is the way to go. A little help please...

Attachments

• IMG_0978a.jpg
    IMG_0978a.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
Paul,

Measure from the center of the block at the same angle as the pipe to the seam. 9 3/4 would be a good starting distance if the engine is not broken in, if broken in with about 1 gallon thru engine then start at 9 1/2" I run the same style pipe at 9"

Walt Barney

Correct, run the tape from the center of the cylinder in line with the pipe. With a 1457 and a broken in engine, I run at 9 and 1/4 inches. So, starting at 9 and 3/4 inches with a new engine is good.

Back