A/S Twin hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Seybold

Supporting Member
Hi,

Long story short, I use to run boats a lot around twenty years ago then like a lot of people priorities changed. I've been back into them now for about 4 years and I have a project that I never finished. It's an Avenger/Spider twin 90 hydro. I'm wondering wether or not it's worth finishing it at this point. The hull is built and I have two new Picco 90 Hydros for it. It would still take some money and time to finish it.

If it was yours would you finish it? How did these boats run back then? Would it be a competitive boat to race?

Thanks for any opinions

Hi,

Long story short, I use to run boats a lot around twenty years ago then like a lot of people priorities changed. I've been back into them now for about 4 years and I have a project that I never finished. It's an Avenger/Spider twin 90 hydro. I'm wondering wether or not it's worth finishing it at this point. The hull is built and I have two new Picco 90 Hydros for it. It would still take some money and time to finish it.

If it was yours would you finish it? How did these boats run back then? Would it be a competitive boat to race?

Thanks for any opinions
John;

I race a single Avenger/Spider with a VAC 91 and I really like it. The boat handles great just a bit heavy compared to todays riggers. I would finish the twin if I were you.

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for any opinions
John;

I race a single Avenger/Spider with a VAC 91 and I really like it. The boat handles great just a bit heavy compared to todays riggers. I would finish the twin if I were you.

Bill
Opps.

Ray, you are correct, my boat is a Cobra/Avenger. Sorry about that.

Bill

I would buy Allan yuen's twin he has for sale. THE PRICE IS RIGHT! Good running boat too.

I know where there are some brand new picco hydro 90 motors if you need any spares.

Thanks guys, here's a few pictures
That's the Cobra cowl, don't look like you need much work. Run that puppy.
default_wink.png

John I'm with Danny finish it you can always sell it but at a huge loss . That's still a fast rigger and may surprise a lot of people and if someone hits it in a race its not like you just spent another 4 or 5 grand just to be hit accidentally of course. Very nice like to see the video pass ya later Charlie

Thanks everyone, I'll think I'll spend the time to finish it off and get it running. How do you think those Picco 90s will run.
those Piccos will run good. any boat can win no matter how fast or slow just finish build it, get it running, put some good props and let her rip ;-)

Thanks everyone, I'll think I'll spend the time to finish it off and get it running. How do you think those Picco 90s will run.
Once suggestion you might want to make the sponsons a bit wide. basically put longer boom tubes and have a 1 in offset the non turn fin side wider than the turn fin side..

Hi,

Thanks for any opinions
That design is from the 70s & was two times bigger then the rigger you have.

Back