A question on the JAE.21 'Z' strut.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeTown73

This is Wennie from Cape Town, South Africa and I've had some very exciting runs with my JAE.21 Mine is still the only little rigger running here in our club but three other JAE .21's are nearing completion then we will be able to start some heat racing ! I am building one of these three for a friend and the attached photo shows the temporary position of the strut on the ski bottom.

My question is if the following small modification would be a good idea ? I could cut a little square out of the ski bottom exactly where the strut currently rests. Then the strut would be able to be dropped approximately another 1/16 " and it's bottom would effectively be level with the bottom of the ski.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This is Wennie from Cape Town, South Africa and I've had some very exciting runs with my JAE.21 Mine is still the only little rigger running here in our club but three other JAE .21's are nearing completion then we will be able to start some heat racing ! I am building one of these three for a friend and the attached photo shows the temporary position of the strut on the ski bottom.

My question is if the following small modification would be a good idea ? I could cut a little square out of the ski bottom exactly where the strut currently rests. Then the strut would be able to be dropped approximately another 1/16 " and it's bottom would effectively be level with the bottom of the ski.

Thanks.
That should not hurt anything, infact that is how I run my struts on both my JAE's. The lower you can get it the better.

Thanks.
That should not hurt anything, infact that is how I run my struts on both my JAE's. The lower you can get it the better.

Jim is right ....it shouldn't hurt a thing.......there is also no evidence that it helps either ........keep on building and testing and post your findings.......

be an "engaged modeler" and not just a buyer..........that is what this JAE exercise;) is all about..........

Thanks for all your feedback guys !

I'll post a photo next week once I've completed the strut installation.

Cheers,

Back