K45 Marine Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
My last contact with the people making the K45 engine and the piston and sleeves for my A/A engine kits was about their safety in Ukraine.

They were concerned with finishing the engines and parts, and getting them shipped to me asap. The K45 engines were on hold until the bearings arrived. The A/A 21 pistons and sleeves were on hold waiting for the aluminum/silica alloy to arrive.

It is not possible to contact them now. One lives near Kyiv which is currently under siege. The other is Anatoly Karpov, my friend of over 20 years who is making the pistons and sleeves. He lives in Kherson, one of the first cities over run.

I can only hope that they have survived. The engines and parts are no longer important.

Al Hobbs

What a tragedy they are dealing with right now. I can't even begin to understand what they are going through. I can only hope them, their families, and the rest of the peaceful people in their country can stay safe

My friends in Ukraine have contacted me.

Anatoly Karpov, who has been making pistons and sleeves for me, is alive and safe for now.

The factory that is making the K45 engines is undamaged and the employees are okay for now.

They have asked me to be patient with them and they will produce the products for me once the war ends.

I told them that our biggest concern is their safety and everything else can wait.

I do have A/A45 pistons and sleeves that Anatoly produced for me prior to the Russian invasion. They will be available in an A/A45 kit that I will release as soon as I receive the carburetor parts being produced in the USA.

I have started production of a new A/A21 engine. Most parts are being produced in the USA. The pistons and sleeves will hopefully be produced by Anatoly Karpov after the war in Ukraine ends.

I think of my friends and their safety every day.

Al Hobbs

Latest posts

Back