7.5 engine chioce

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lohring

What have people been running for a 7.5 mod engine? In the Northwest the Nelson seems popular, in California the Johnsons and Mark Grim modified the Rossi into a good engine, and in the Southeast, Carl Ring wins with the CMB Evo conversion. Have any groups been racing these engines together?

Lohring Miller

I've run all of these motors except the CMB .45. I think they are all very close and it would probally depend on who has the best setup/prop on which one is the faster motor. However I have seen the CMB .45 that Ernie Lafuer does run the fastes top end speeds. I just don't like the belt starting. Not to say that at some point I may be made to like it if you know what I mean.

Any of the other motors will run in the low to mid fifties and that in most races can win if the driver does not beat himself which I do a lot of the time.

Mark/HTB BOATS

Ernie's Straightaway speed at the 2002 Internats trials was 53.79 mph. This was the Fastest D tunnel speed. Brian Loy was 2nd at 52 mph. I think he had a K&B???

FYI

Brian

Back