68 MISS BUD DECALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

I'm presently sanding,sanding,sanding and getting ready to to paint my 68 MISS BUD U-12.I saw a picture of the real 78 MISS BUD U-1 which had a small eagle decal on the front of the carb air intake water deflector.I do not have any photos of the 68 U-12 from this angle.My question for all you scale nuts out there is the eagle used on the 68 U-12 air intake?Also was the eagle on the front deck on a white circle or directly on the deck?

Harry G. posted a great series of photos from the Hydroplane museum of the restored 69-71 U-1,but it had a screen over the carb and no deflector.

Harvey Liberman

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm presently sanding,sanding,sanding and getting ready to to paint my 68 MISS BUD U-12.I saw a picture of the real 78 MISS BUD U-1 which had a small eagle decal on the front of the carb air intake water deflector.I do not have any photos of the 68 U-12 from this angle.My question for all you scale nuts out there is the eagle used on the 68 U-12 air intake?Also was the eagle on the front deck on a white circle or directly on the deck?Harry G. posted a great series of photos from the Hydroplane museum of the restored 69-71 U-1,but it had a screen over the carb and no deflector.

Harvey Liberman
The boat never had one of those chrome air scoops like the 1978 version. It had the scoop but it was painted red. As far as I can see it had the A&Eagle on it in all the pictures I have.

The A&Eagle on the deck was on the Gold in 1968 and 1969, in a white circle in 1970 and then back on the gold in 1971 and 1972.

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm presently sanding,sanding,sanding and getting ready to to paint my 68 MISS BUD U-12.I saw a picture of the real 78 MISS BUD U-1 which had a small eagle decal on the front of the carb air intake water deflector.I do not have any photos of the 68 U-12 from this angle.My question for all you scale nuts out there is the eagle used on the 68 U-12 air intake?Also was the eagle on the front deck on a white circle or directly on the deck?Harry G. posted a great series of photos from the Hydroplane museum of the restored 69-71 U-1,but it had a screen over the carb and no deflector.

Harvey Liberman
The boat never had one of those chrome air scoops like the 1978 version. It had the scoop but it was painted red. As far as I can see it had the A&Eagle on it in all the pictures I have.

The A&Eagle on the deck was on the Gold in 1968 and 1969, in a white circle in 1970 and then back on the gold in 1971 and 1972.

Harry

Harvey Liberman

Harry,thanks for the decal info.I thought you would have it.

Harvey

Back