1972 U-1 Miss Budweiser Questions (Need Help)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Ross

I am wondering on the 72 U-1 Miss Budweiser did the deck logo of the boat have the white circle or not?

If you look here at the 71 pics there is no circle and the logo looks to be all red.

scan0013.jpg

Same on the tail fin

scan0006-1.jpg

These pictures of the restored 72 have the white circle logo and there is a black line through the A.

Would this be the correct bagging for the 72 hull??

I just want to make sure as I can not find many other pics to confirm
Bud%20Emblem.jpg

Bud%20Tail.jpg

Also wondering what the text says on the tail, All I can make out is Crew Cheif is it (Tom Frankhouser)??

Then what does it say above that? (Driver Terry Sterett)???

Is there anything above this?

hk_%20057.jpg

I went through Newton's site and the only thing I found was the 1970 U-13 Budweiser II had a smaller white circle with the eagle than in the picture you posted. That being said, there wasn't a picture of the 72 Budweiser anywhere I could find on the site.

I went through Newton's site and the only thing I found was the 1970 U-13 Budweiser II had a smaller white circle with the eagle than in the picture you posted. That being said, there wasn't a picture of the 72 Budweiser anywhere I could find on the site.
Yeah it is strange can't find any photos of the 72.

If you look at this picture it shows the logo only used up till 1950 which is def not the case for the hydroplanes.

historyEagleAllYears.jpg

Would be nice to have a confirmation that the 72 was an exact replica of the boat.

I just think it is strange they put the white circle on there I guess only for that year.

I guess I could always make it the 71 boat since I can not confirm if the 72 had the circle or not.

I am thinking there was no circle and for whatever reason they added it on the restored version.

budrun1108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back