4X6 Trailer Mockup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
After about a year of searching, I finally found and purchased a 4X6 Fruehauf enclosed trailer. I won't be able to pick it up for a few more months (located in Charlotte), so I decided to spend some time on the computer mocking everything up.

I wanted a small trailer because I didn't want to get killed at the gas pump. The Fruehauf is mostly aluminum so it is light, and fairly aerodynamic. Terry Keeley has one and he highly recommended it. Thanks Terry!

Since it is a small trailer, I wanted to be able to strap the boats to the shelving outside the trailer. Here is what I came up with so far:

- Aluminum shelving slides almost entirely out of the trailer. The end out of the shelving is supported by drop down casters with destaco clamps holding them in place.

- 6' table (folded together) comes out with the shelving, located on the side.

- 3 Drawer tool chest is mounted to a shelf for easy access.

- Bottom shelf will be for support equiptment.

- 10'x10' EZUP tent can be left in the trailer with the shelving pulled out.

- If I need to use the trailer for something other than boats, it will be easy to completely remove the shelving.

- Each shelf has 12-1/2" of clearance, big enough to hold three of my large boats.

I still need to put hold down eyes and some additional bracing, but I think the concept is nice. If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Brian

trailer1.JPG

trailer2.JPG

trailer3.JPG

trailer4.JPG

Side view L.JPG

Looks like a great plan and will certainly make loading/unloading much easier. Without a forward door it is a bit harder to pack but you'll love it on the highway. :)

Hello everybody .

Brian B., If you are registered on the AMPBA Forum ( Australia ) there is a post started by Ian Redman ( HOOTERS RACING ) dated 22.1.2008 called Trailer of RC Boats with a few pictures sent in by other members . 1 method shown is a multi level PVC Rack that holds several boats above each other .

Hopefully this helps with your enquiries .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia :)

Back