40 Seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Brown

I have just picked up an older model 40 Seaducer mono,not sure of the term it has drop down strut,gold head CMB 45.I would like to practice and play with a leagle race pipe I understand that they have to be muffled the pipe on it I don`t know what it is.I don`t mind buying the rite pipe or muffler.And dose this boat supposed to have a cowl or need one I need sugestions please thanks JB

DSC00001.JPG

When you say "drop down strut" Are you saying the shaft log come out the bottom of the hull, NOT out the transom?

Either way,,, still a good boat.

1: the gold head CMB 45 Not sure parts are still available (check with Stu Barr) U.S. importer of CMB engines. On here as Stu Barr.

2: That pipe is a Mac's 7.5 pipe,,, great pipe. As far as a muffler I'd get in touch with Lenny Blake at Rum Racing Products http://www.rumracingproducts.com/ one of the best add on mufflers there is. turn your pipe pressure fitting so it points toward the side of the inside of the hull the boat, the boat moving through the water will possably pinch the line off.

3: I don't think Jerry made a cowling for the 45 sized hull's,, so yes the boat will be just fine without a cowl.

Good luck with it

Here is how MY boat is set up..... I hope this helps you Johnny.

1zqzdzq.jpg

Hasn't been run in a couple months waiting to get the motor back :unsure: but yeah it need some attention.

Last edited:
The Seaducer Sub surface drive boats were very good heat racing boat. 450/2 blade was the prop for that boat

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a good pic of Andy's boat. :p

O I mean Georganna Boat. -_-

Sorry just had to with Andy in the penalty box and all. :lol:

PS AB5077B/3 SMOKIN FAST

Made a 3.8 SAW pass at the 04 nats with a 40 mono with a subsurface seaducer 450/2 prop. Most F Monos that same day was in the 4.0 range, The Winning US-1 67 Hydro (Barr) was 3.6 SAW pass those boat ran on the same day in the same conditions.

Yep Jim that it is. :D He is just fine.

Joe I will remember.
We pushed the stuffing tube shafts up till them touched the bottom of the Boat and ran small trim plates centered in line with the strakes
Joe whould happen to have any pics?If the location of where my strut is working ok should I make the adjustment or leave it alone?And I don`t know what the strakes are.Thanks for the info.JB

Back