40 Microburst Strut Length?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Norton

Redoing the hardware on my 40 Microburst mono. What strut lengths are you finding that work well with this boat? How high from the keel are you putting them? thank you Kerry

Redoing the hardware on my 40 Microburst mono. What strut lengths are you finding that work well with this boat? How high from the keel are you putting them? thank you Kerry
Kerry, there's a few guys in our club that run the M-B 40" hulls- not sure but I think they both use the Speedmaster extended struts probably 1/8" above the keel. They are both members here but don't know how often they are on here- you might send them a PM- Mike P and Johnny Hoang .

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the extended strut also.I had two boats they both used the extended strut.

My strut is 3 1/8" long, is that in the ballpark of the Speedmaster extended strut? thanks guys Kerry

My strut is 3 1/8" long, is that in the ballpark of the Speedmaster extended strut? thanks guys Kerry
Yes, If the rudder you are using is 4" aft of the transom it should work O.K.- I'm no expert but the 2 45 size monos I have are set up this way.

Latest posts

Back