• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

40/60 Rigger cowling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the middle of building an old Pinkert Coyote 40 rigger.

In the kit, there was a small bubble style cowl, that was quite heavy, and still needed a mounting base added, which would make it even heavier.

So, I added a little balsa wood to make it a little higher, made a flat base to mount the the coyote center section. So, I decided to go with it. Made a decent plug out of it. Then made a mold.

These pictures are of the second cowl out of the mold.

I am by no means a profesional fiber glass person, but this came out pretty nice.

Looking to see if there's any interest in purchasing some of these.

This particular one is made from 1 layer if 4oz cloth and 1 layer of 5.7oz carbon fiber.

If interested, PM me, or post here, and we can talk pricing.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick - I think you need to make carbon fibre cowls for the CMB SG/SGX 40. There's a hole lot of guys like me who need one!

:lol: Ron

Rick - I think you need to make carbon fibre cowls for the CMB SG/SGX 40. There's a hole lot of guys like me who need one!

Rick,

Nice work!

Ron,

There is a guy overseas that is making really nice carbon SG/SGX cowlings. Do a search on here to find his info.

B

Ron;

I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Like Buck say's, there is a gent in Isreal I believe that already makes the Eagle cowls in Carbon. He does real nice work, Buck uses them, I have seen them.

But, if you have something different in mind, for a different look?? let me know what your thinking!!

In the mean time, Someone needs a new cowling I already make.

Or the JAE would be a REAL nice thing to have!
Does anyone have an idea, IE: shape, style, foot print they are looking for?
That is an Original Eagle cowl (1991). It also went on to be used on the original Jaguar (1994). I think Bob is still using that same style on the newest Jag III.

Pinckert has never had any cowls that looked like that. Could be useful for a wide range of riggers.

I can pretty much say,, it is not copied from the original Eagle cowl,,,,, And is not copied from the original Jag.

I can say, what I started with was a crappy little piece of fiberglass, that was primered gray, when molded. It was in a shoe box full of wood pieces, and epoxy glass sponson's with a Pinkert Coyote instruction book.

I added some balsa wood, to add height to it, made a ply flange, to fit my hull....

So, it is not just a copy of an old cowling.

Thanks for the lesson though

I can pretty much say,, it is not copied from the original Eagle cowl,,,,, And is not copied from the original Jag.

I can say, what I started with was a crappy little piece of fiberglass, that was primered gray, when molded. It was in a shoe box full of wood pieces, and epoxy glass sponson's with a Pinkert Coyote instruction book.

I added some balsa wood, to add height to it, made a ply flange, to fit my hull....

There is no issue with weather it is a "copied" cowl or not. I was just stating what is was.

Just because it was a crappy piece of gray primed fiberglass in a shoebox full of Pinckert parts does not make it a Pinckert cowl.

If all you did was add to the bottom to add height than there is no doubt that what you started with was an original Eagle cowl.

And BTW- The first units we made where a crappy piece of fiberglass that needed a wood base added to it.

Out of curiousity, I just checked with Donna about the Original Eagles cowls as she was the one who actually made them back in those days. She said most of them were made with Gray gelcoat and Mat. And yes I do remember them looking "crappy".

Yours looks great BTW!

There is no issue with weather it is a "copied" cowl or not. I was just stating what is was.

Just because it was a crappy piece of gray primed fiberglass in a shoebox full of Pinckert parts does not make it a Pinckert cowl.

If all you did was add to the bottom to add height than there is no doubt that what you started with was an original Eagle cowl.

And BTW- The first units we made where a crappy piece of fiberglass that needed a wood base added to it.

Out of curiousity, I just checked with Donna about the Original Eagles cowls as she was the one who actually made them back in those days. She said most of them were made with Gray gelcoat and Mat. And yes I do remember them looking "crappy".

Yours looks great BTW!
Rick I think I sent you a customer,last Sunday a buddy from the club gave me the exact same cowl to rework as you have done. So instead of repeating your work I sent him this link.......

Yours looks great BTW!
Rick I think I sent you a customer,last Sunday a buddy from the club gave me the exact same cowl to rework as you have done. So instead of repeating your work I sent him this link.......
Haven't heard from anyone yet

"Just because it was a crappy piece of gray primed fiberglass in a shoebox full of Pinckert parts does not make it a Pinckert cowl."

Hey Andy,

I can correct the assumption. I bought said kit from Howard Weeks at the 1999 Winter Nats and gave it to Rick when I moved from Florida. Guess I assumed the cowl went with the kit. I'm just glad to know that DP didn't have anything to do with it - Har, Har !!! Donna may have made them, but I wouldn't think she designed them. Think we'd better just let this one drop. Ain't it terrible to have a Friend that has all these old photos ??? Har, Har, Har !!!

CHEERS !!! Bob

Back