3rd channel mixture valve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Does the Power Surge Products mixture valve work on Mac style carbs? It doesn't look to have a needle or is this because it doesn't need one. I have just totalled my Hummingbird and the purple plastic mixture valve broke in the crash, I think it is the Bob Violet type. I never liked it because it didn't change the mixture very much when operated from the servo from 0 to 100% on the trim button. Would prefer one with more flow change when adjusted from the transmitter.

Mark

Try Brad Christy he is on this forum and he makes a nice 3rd channel mount for the os inflite needle assy.

Or you can call him at 1-937-859-0858

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don. I remember when u put these things into production. I was really after something that metered the fuel better into the carb at part open throttle but thanks anyway. The OS 9B carb seems like a good option.

Thanks Don. I remember when u put these things into production. I was really after something that metered the fuel better into the carb at part open throttle but thanks anyway. The OS 9B carb seems like a good option.
Are you talking about putting a 9B on a MAC??? :blink:

Don, why the puzzled look? I have seen many MACs run like this ( with a 9B) including the US-1 scale boat from 3 years ago and Phil Thomas' great Atlas scale from last year.

Brian

I'm just trying to understand where Mark is going with this. First post asked about mixture control working with MAC carb then the reference to OS carb. :unsure:

I have a couple of new OS 60D Active Mix carbs here. Integrated active mixture with no needle valve and a nice range of adjustment. The arm on one side of the carb rotates the barrel and the other adjusts the mixture. No need for a separate third channel needle valve. I'd sure like to see someone try one of these.

I have a couple of new OS 60D Active Mix carbs here. Integrated active mixture with no needle valve and a nice range of adjustment. The arm on one side of the carb rotates the barrel and the other adjusts the mixture. No need for a separate third channel needle valve. I'd sure like to see someone try one of these.

What's the ID and neck OD on these carbs? Rudy

What's the ID and neck OD on these carbs? Rudy
10mm and 18mm.

Back