3m #5 Clear Electrical Tape

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tape Mike T spoke of in the above post is really good tape. i have used it for 6years now with excellent results and no residue. The tape is Window Sealing Tape made by Frost King. Its clear and comes in about a 1 1/2 in wide roll. The roll usually last about a season and a half and i run 4 boats and practice any warm sunday at the lake. Go to Wal-Mart, Home Depot,Lowes Hardware,True Value or Ace hardware and look in the window weather sealing area or ask a salesperson. I think Frost King has a website as well. The roll cost $ 3.00. Hope this helps

I also like the frost king tape, the problem I have is finding it in the narrow rolls, 2" is what I usually find. I cut a roll down in the lathe, but this wasnt really the way it should be done, messes up one edge of it. I use this for sealing up the charging jack hole in the radio box lid & to double tape a rigger where the pipe mounts to the cover as Ive had this to split the tape on a flip on one occasion. I use the stuff from speedmaster to seal the radio box, its the best i've found. the hockey stick tape I have, if left on the box for several weeks it leaves all the sticky residue on the lid, may work fine for short term use though....

my 2 cents

mike

Hey Mark....I don't know if you remember me buy I was the skinny pitt boss at the last SGRA race you attended. I was wondering if you still sell radio box tape. I would like a few rolls. Let me know if you are going to attend the next race. Thanks, Jim Fullmer
Mark is still knocked off here if i remember,ask Doc Turner will will hook you up. I bought tape last race from Mark but Tower has it if your needing it soon.....

Hey Mark....I don't know if you remember me buy I was the skinny pitt boss at the last SGRA race you attended. I was wondering if you still sell radio box tape. I would like a few rolls. Let me know if you are going to attend the next race. Thanks, Jim Fullmer
Jim, Mark Bullard will be @ Slidell. I will ask him to bring a few rolls to sale. jw.

Mark is still knocked off here if i remember,ask Doc Turner will will hook you up. I bought tape last race from Mark but Tower has it if your needing it soon.....
Mark just was allowed to return to IW. Gary

Trying to find the 3M catalog number for the #5 Electrical Tape, which most love to use for radio box tape. Does anyone know the 3M catalog number for this #5 Clear Electrical Tape?
Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

Rw

P.S. Not able to find/indentify on the 3M website.......
Mark Bullard can get the tape because of his electric motor business and you cannot find a better price because he buys in bulk for the business. Gary

I think that Russ is looking to buy a LOT of it to sell through Tower Hobbies under the Aquacraft banner.

Hey Russ, what's up with the starter belts? Weren't they supposed to be out a month ago?

Ron,

The tape has been available for a number of months now.. The belts are set for the 1st or so of Nov.

ROCK ON

Grim

Ron,
The tape has been available for a number of months now.. The belts are set for the 1st or so of Nov.

ROCK ON

Grim

We have been stocking the "Grimracer" 3m tape for months now at HobbyTown USA. It is the tape you are needing and any LHS can easily order it for you from Great Planes.

Eric Canto

Ron,

ROCK ON

Grim

We have been stocking the "Grimracer" 3m tape for months now at HobbyTown USA. It is the tape you are needing and any LHS can easily order it for you from Great Planes.

Eric Canto

At tower Hobby $12.99 .. I'll sell it for $9.50 Genuine 3M #5 Tape..

Last edited by a moderator:
As a supplier for the NW area, I can tell you not going to get rich off this stuff. I do it to help my customers. The rolls are 180'. It will take nearly a year for a guy running 5 or 6 boats a race to go through one roll. A friend of mine who owns Beck Electric orders it for me. Russ, I can put you in touch with him. MIke
Mike unless youhave kids that will go into your tool box and take your tape and use it to fix their toys. :D

I use about 1 1/2 rolls per year... :)

Lorenzo

I think that Russ is looking to buy a LOT of it to sell through Tower Hobbies under the Aquacraft banner.
Hey Russ, what's up with the starter belts? Weren't they supposed to be out a month ago?
Thats why I havent heard from my local hobby shop!! I have two of them ordered! I'd wanted to fired up my new TT motor! I gess for now since I got a new pull starter crank,I'll convert it over to pullstarter for now until the belts come in. Well I'd always used black electrical 3M tap for my radio box,cense I got into RC nitro boating in 7 of 06. Never had a proublem with it,plus the radio box on about half of boats are hidden anyway.

Thats why I havent heard from my local hobby shop!! I have two of them ordered! I'd wanted to fired up my new TT motor! I gess for now since I got a new pull starter crank,I'll convert it over to pullstarter for now until the belts come in. Well I'd always used black electrical 3M tap for my radio box,cense I got into RC nitro boating in 7 of 06. Never had a proublem with it,plus the radio box on about half of boats are hidden anyway.
misshydro

The 3M tape we are talking about is clear (see through) and very thin. Its a version of electrical tape that 3m offers and it very well suited for our boats. Its thin, strong and does not leave any residue on your parts. I have had people in the past say " your nuts for spending that kind of money on radio tape " but use it just one time.......... its all you will use from then on.. Worth every penny!

One point worth mentioning.. It is not flexible at all.. If you need your tape to bend around a curve hockey stick tape or vinyl electrical tape is a better choice.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

I sell the starter belts in 3 sizes 15", 17 1/4, and 19 3/4" @$3.00 each

Walt Barney

Since we are all promoting 3M tape sales I might as well get my two cents in.

We carry the 3M tape at CMDi, so if you need a roll, we'll be glad to add a roll to your next order! :)

Back