37" Mono w/ BL Twins Any Help??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Benjamin

I'm in the research stage of building a 37" Twin Brushless Mono hull and have a few questions that maybe the gurus here can help me with. I plan to use CR props and the only ones I can find from octura are 42 and 47mm. If I plan to use a 47mm lets say 50mm max., how far apart should I mount the stinger struts in order for the props to get a good bite. I'm a fraid if theyre too close they may cavitate and if too far I might not be able to control the handling at high speeds with my trim tabs Anyone have any design suggestions?

Here's CAD drawing of the motor mount setup I plan to use. But I need to get more some direction before I have it CNC'd Current Design is setup with 65mm from center to center or prop shafts

DF-MKIIMotorMount.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis,

Try some ABC propellers, Jim makes a lot of CR sets in almost

every size.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

the twin outrunners in my 45" Insane mono (used to be powered by CMB 90) are set at 67mm apart.

you are right in there for your mounting of the motors. :)

thats the boat in my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl did you get any datalogging on your t600's? When can we get to see that insane mono run?

Latest posts

Back