35" Kneeler Build (3 hulls)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dick, Sent you a PM.

For those watching the build. I have the 52" hull done, and tommorow night, I continue on the 35" kneelers sponsons! I will have more updates very soon. And Hugh, I will be starting your whip20 tommorow night to! Mike
you my friend are a boat building machine.. wow i cannot get that dedicated to my hobby. too busy chasing kids and the wife..lol ... i assume they are all straight seeing you are using iron to hold them down.. lookin good mike , looking real good, cannot wait till my number pops up for mine. thanks

tk

Thanks Terry. Your number will come soon. Here is the progress I have made. The sponsons are about half done. If I have my way tommorow, I will get them close to finished. Just the rear non trip needs to be installed, and the top sheeting, and they will be complete. Sorry for the lack of updates. New job 100 miles from the house is wearing on me, and my time! Mike

IMGP0307Medium.jpg

Wow.. that's almost a done deal !

Great timing, my P hydro just died through a WOT dive (double inverted, came out with a twist. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sucks dude. Good news is the sponsons will be done in about 2 days. Yours should be shipable very soon. I still have to build your turn fin to! More pics soon, Mike

And here are some pics of the inside of the sponson before the top deck was glued, for those that might have wanted to see it. You can see the turn fin blocking inside the non trip:

IMGP0327Large.jpg

IMGP0328Large.jpg

IMGP0329Large.jpg

Ok, So, its getting really close now. One of them just needs the front and rear caps put on the sponsons, the name plate attached, and turn fin assembly made, and its ready for shipping (Drwayne), and the other needs the above, and full exterior epoxy work, and its done (Andy). They are both looking really good..in my opinion! lol, enjoy, Mike

IMGP0346Large.jpg

IMGP0341Large.jpg

IMGP0342Large.jpg

IMGP0343Large.jpg

IMGP0345Large.jpg

Drwayne's hull is complete. Went with the UL-1 turn fin. He is doing his own epoxy work on this boat, so its going out as you see it!

IMGP0350Large.jpg

IMGP0351Large.jpg

Hull for Andy Smith getting closer. Coat of epoxy done. Just need to put the end caps on the sponsons, bond the sponsons to center, and add the turn fin assembly.

IMGP0415Medium.jpg

For those interested in FE stuff, I am working on my own kneeler for FE in this same 35" size. The thread will be the FE forum here in a few!
mike mine is gonna be together and sealed right? i hope so..lol i see it in pieces above.

tk

You originally requested it to be just the bare wood if I remember correctly because you wanted to do the finish work? I can bond the sponsons if you need, but the epoxy work is a whole different situation. Pm me, Mike

You originally requested it to be just the bare wood if I remember correctly because you wanted to do the finish work? I can bond the sponsons if you need, but the epoxy work is a whole different situation. Pm me, Mike
bare wood is fine mike i was just yanking yer chain brother , hope i didnt get ya while you were in a bad mood, all is good and we are still on fine man.. thanks.. if you want to bond the sponsons on that is cool if not it aint a big deal brother..peace man

tk

That's fine Terry, I will get it boxed tommorow night. Sorry for the misinterpretaion. It was a stressfull day. I got your message, I fell asleep and didn't hear it ring. Talk to you tommorow. Thanks, Mike

That's fine Terry, I will get it boxed tommorow night. Sorry for the misinterpretaion. It was a stressfull day. I got your message, I fell asleep and didn't hear it ring. Talk to you tommorow. Thanks, Mike
not a big deal at all brother.. i just maybe sometimes mess with people too much..lol my wife gets alot of hell around me im always messing with her..probably why she whips me all the time..lol

terry

Whips you? ****! See that is why I have all I need in my garage, boats and tv to watch football. I don't even have to go in her zone!

Here are some latest and greatest. Terry received his hull friday, and the other boat I have been working on just needs one top coat of epoxy and its done, here are pics of the new style turn fin mount. I am also going to post pics of my personal FE kneeler build with tons of mods another style of turn fin mounting.

IMGP0446.jpg

IMGP0445.jpg

Here is my FE kneeler. I have a thread of this in the FE section too, but wanted to share what can be done with these boats, even in nitro form. This one has sponson mods (wider, run pad mod, new style turn fin), carbon rod bracing, and built in FE radio box:

IMGP0447.jpg

IMGP0448.jpg

IMGP0449.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg

Here is my FE kneeler. I have a thread of this in the FE section too, but wanted to share what can be done with these boats, even in nitro form. This one has sponson mods (wider, run pad mod, new style turn fin), carbon rod bracing, and built in FE radio box:

IMGP0447.jpg

IMGP0448.jpg

IMGP0449.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg
looks good mike, ill get the plans out to you tomorrow or tues, i have some ebay stuff to thrash on, thanks

tk

Sounds good Terry, I'm going to get you that money for the hi jack mount this evening so you can get it shipped. Talk soon, Mike

Back