35" Kneeler Build (3 hulls)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I am kind of setting this build up for the 2 gentlemen that are purchasing these hulls. I am dedicating most of my weekend to getting the center formers fully complete. I have most of the materials cut out for the center former, so its time to build! Mike

IMGP0201Large.jpg

IMGP0199Large.jpg

IMGP0200Large.jpg

IMGP0202Large.jpg

Well, I am kind of setting this build up for the 2 gentlemen that are purchasing these hulls. I am dedicating most of my weekend to getting the center formers fully complete. I have most of the materials cut out for the center former, so its time to build! Mike

IMGP0201Large.jpg

IMGP0199Large.jpg

IMGP0200Large.jpg

IMGP0202Large.jpg
Mike,

Are you running a flat bottom on the center section?

JD

Jerry, Nope it curves at the front, I have a jig underneath the bottom to keep its shape while glueing. I just do a one piece bottom where as you do the two piece style. Here are some more pics. I got all this done today. This morning, there were no parts glued! Not bad for one days work, lol! Mike

IMGP0203Large.jpg

IMGP0204Large.jpg

IMGP0205Large.jpg

IMGP0206Large.jpg

IMGP0207Large.jpg

IMGP0208Large.jpg

Ok, Here are the completed centerformers of the two kneelers and the sponson formers. I am working on my 35" kneeler centerformer and the 52" kneelers sponsons this week. I will get on the sponsons for these two boats next week:

IMGP0235Large.jpg

IMGP0236Large.jpg

IMGP0238Large.jpg

Here are some pics of the centerformer for my FE 35" kneeler build. I am doing some new thoughts, and custom work on my center former. Carbon fiber rods, and flushing the wood where the front of the cowling and side cowling attach. This kind of stuff is much to time consuming and expensive to add to the base model kneelers I offer. It would definitely get an updated price! It is also my test platform for new ideas too, so that has to be taken into consideration. More tricks will be added to this hull as the sponsons get built!

IMGP0231Large.jpg

IMGP0232Large.jpg

IMGP0234Large.jpg

IMGP0233Large.jpg

IMGP0242Large.jpg

IMGP0243Large.jpg

I have said it before Mike and I will say it again, SWEET workmanship! I wish I could get motivated to make some more boats...

Mike, you do awesome wood work for sure. Thanks for the PM, I was curious about it. May have to get one of these for next season.

~James

Thanks for all the positive comments. I am still new to all of the building techniques as I have only built my own boats for about a year now..I have to thank a lot of people on this site for their knowledge tho. People like Jerry Dunlap have been really motivating for me.Anyways, more to come soon! Mike

Do remember to place name+build# under a clear layer of fg , and we will rightly claim possession of a Michael Luszcz original ... !

Thanks for the updates.

W

I'm already thinking up a design for a label! Should have more pics soon, Mike
really neat to see something built for you .. and great quality work as well.. way to go mike.. nice work and i cannot wait to drill that transom .. any ideas for a ridealong driver? no barbies or crap.. real looking drivers.

tk

Terry, I am sorry but I thought since you did not reply to my request for deposit in the PM, and that you were selling a bunch of boats that you had lost interest and had to many boats. Because of that, I did not proceed with making a fourth boat. When I get another few people that want one, I will build you one then. I completely thought you had backed out. Sorry, Mike

Terry, I am sorry but I thought since you did not reply to my request for deposit in the PM, and that you were selling a bunch of boats that you had lost interest and had to many boats. Because of that, I did not proceed with making a fourth boat. When I get another few people that want one, I will build you one then. I completely thought you had backed out. Sorry, Mike
i returned a pm to you stating i needed a addy to send it too... **** man i wish you would have emailed me..that is a bummer, the pm thing here i think is screwy never seems to get to where it is going for me and a few others i hear.. lmk and then ill send you a deposit for the next time around so you have it and can get started whenever..thanks

tk

Terry, let me finish this 52" and 35's I already started, and build Herbers whip 20, and I will build your hull. It will be a couple weeks tho. Sound ok? Let me know, Mike

Terry, let me finish this 52" and 35's I already started, and build Herbers whip 20, and I will build your hull. It will be a couple weeks tho. Sound ok? Let me know, Mike

sounds great to me, you still have the radio box style iwanted.. dont cut for servos just make it so it is removable " the tray" and use my email and we will be good, thank you.. [email protected]

tk

Terry, I will send you an email as soon as I am caught up and ready to begin. Couple weeks should do it! I am about done with the 52" kneeler. Will have it done tommorow night. I started on the 35" sponsons over the weekend. I will have pics of that work in the next day or so. I plan on having those 2 hulls done in the next week, week and a half. I will be working on them while I start on a whiplash 20 build for another member. Lots going on, and I will have pics for all the 35" thread watchers in the next day or so! Mike

Dick, Sent you a PM.

For those watching the build. I have the 52" hull done, and tommorow night, I continue on the 35" kneelers sponsons! I will have more updates very soon. And Hugh, I will be starting your whip20 tommorow night to! Mike

Back