34 inch villain prototype

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was a great idea myself, like Gary said the original villian is so light anyway the extra 6inches he added didnt seem to weigh that much more when I picked it up. I saw him lean on the engine a couple of times this weekend and the extra 6 inches didnt slow ANYTHING down in my opinion. There were some big rollers from the retrieve boat a few times that would have (and did once) completely swamp my 29 inch boat. the 34 seemed to not care nearly as much. I think I will have to scale up my plans for my mod boat this year.

~ James

Could this possibly be for a 7.5 engine? 2 more inches and it could be!

Rogaine is made here in the 'Zoo and Pfizer just bought the Company. You never saw anyone hang new signs so fast!

no im not losing any speed compared to what others are running, 45-50 in heat race trim will win anywhere! but i can run those speeds in less than perfect water. that is what makes a big difference at most races.

Gary
Cool Gary, you answered my question exactly. My biggest problem with my 3.5 outboard (Nova / lawless) is not boat speed either but reliability in poor water conditions. Longer hull seemed to be the logical answer but I was trying to find out if there was any side effect of a longer boat.

Grim,

Has Paul S ordered a long Villain yet - I'll have to lift my game if he has :p

Tim

The 34" Villain is not slated for kitting, its a one off boat ........hum maybe i could Pro-Build a few for the guys..hum not sure if i have the time..

I need to drive this thing first... i will drive it this summer so hang tight.

Grim

Hi Guys!!!

just back from summer thunder race in chicago.

34 villian 1st / N.R.

29 WOF 2nd / rossi

stock villian 3rd / OS

this boat just keeps running better and faster the more time i get with it in the water.

sorry, grim couldnt make it to this race, would love to have had the chance to race him. i guess it will have to wait until internats.

till next time keep em pretty side up!!!!

Gary

........and I'm going to the Internats! My first time at the big dance and the stories that will be unfolding there! I'm not racing, doing grunt work. Actually, I don't see why a 7.5 couldn't be bolted on, my DPI is 35".

The water at Milford ought to be good, the pond is protected on the course side by trees and the camping area behind it is up on a hill.

Tim,

water was not a factor in this race a little wind but water stayed very nice. you did have to stay tight on the course because of weeds but that didnt factor in much either. there were some very nice boats there.

Guys;

my boat as it stands now weighs in at 5.25 lbs you could make this thing 10 in. longer and a 3.5 will still run the thing 50 mph.

to make this a good 45 boat it needs more than a couple more inches. the whole boat needs to be physically larger, sponsons, deeper tunnel, and so on.

so one of you needs to build a good 45 boat and get some testing done, im ready to bolt my 45 and 67 on a good hull.

keep the pretty side up!!!!

Gary

p.s. the stock villian in 3rd place was my daughter Mekayla Loy( 9 years old) she beat my son michael (14 years old) in a run off for third. no peace in my house!!!!

Back