3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A outboard tunnel at this year's winter spec was very, very competitive! Lots of fast boats and good heat times every race. 1min30's every round. Bryan ran in the 1min20's in one heat!

1st Simon Cox

2nd Bryan Ruttley

3rd me.

2 x last lap DNF's really hurt after 2 wins in the first 2 rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done guys sorry I had to bolt with saying bye but the little one started to get grumpy look forward to racing at HV

Spoke to Daniel yarrow few minutes ago.

He got 2nd but don't know if it was A or B OBT as he was driving and the hands free was a tad scratchy.

Did hear it was a good event.

Well done to all.

Dave

Hopefully Andrew will put the results up soon. I'm struggling with a cold and can't remember all the results.

Fastest Heat – Brian Ruttley 1:28:13

Is this with your HTB Tim?

Oh yeah, lets not forget

Electric EA Tunnel (most, if not all run outboards)

1 Craig Knight 1369 1:35:83

2 Greg Moss 750 1:57:77

3 Tony Jones 675 1:43:05

Fastest Heat – Craig Knight 1:35:83

Fastest Heat – Brian Ruttley 1:28:13

Is this with your HTB Tim?
Nope my boat.

And if it didn't bloody die 100mtrs from the finish line in the final race I had 1st place won!!

Will have to wait for next year.... :(

It was a great weekend with perfect weather. The water was like glass all day every day!! Couldn't have asked for better water.

A great weekend for sure!

Congratulations the winners and place getters, well earned by all.

The most competitive event for nitro outboards I've ever been too.

Brian's HTB was diffidently fast, as reflected in that heat time!

Mossy's Lynx with the stock OS was quick, dam quick. And his Vision/Nova46 was on the pace as well.

Yarrow's Vision45 with twin OS outboards was awsome to watch and listen to as always.

Well ran event by MBCofNSW as always, Thanks guys!

Yes it was a great event and extremely competitive! Congrats to all the winners. Hopefully a few photos will pop up. Dan Yarrow's twin 3.5 outboard may sound like an angry bee in a bottle, but it is going extremely well now as his results show.

To give you an idea how good the weather was for tunnels, out of 12 tunnel heats I ran, I completed 11. The heat I muffed was in EA tunnel when I put a 4S LiFe in the boat in the half dark! For the record, don't do it.. Limp home mode straight up!

Looking forward to the Battle of the Borders next, and maybe the HV champs...

That twin OS is one cool boat! I wonder if we'll start to see more of them.....

Could you imagine what twin novarossi's with short pipes would sound like?

SOOOO where are all us outboard guys staying this year?

Murray River Motel for $120/night (queen bed + a single bed) or the Holiday Park for $80/night for a budget Cabin????? pretty sure i know the answer!!

Latest posts

Back