3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,
No package with lawless at my door today. Guess it will be there when im away. Oh well, you get that.

If its not to much trouble could you bring it along. I dont know if i will use it. Boats are all setup ready for the lawless. Will just see how things go.

If worse case comes i will have the K&B with the broken skeg off it and will just bolt that back on the nitro boat. Hopefully do some power slides in the turns. . .

It is just a matter of 4 bolts from engine, then 4 bolts on motor mount plate, push the piviot pin out than remove shaft and transfer to the electric where there is only the pin and 4 bolts. Shaft is already on that motor and never comes off.

I did it half cut the other night and it took me 10 minutes. Had to practice half cut as thats most mornings for me when boat racing... LOL

Cheers

Dave
Dave,

I'll bring down a K&B and an REK in case you need them.

See you there,

James

Yes Tim, it's been a great turnout from both Hunter Valley and Sydney. We'll try to do them justice by running a great Nats.

Peter Duggan

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHA funny stuff...guess us Aussies can't do the trash talk properly like the Yanks....best we leave it to them huh?

If I had to live in Sydney I wouldn't tell too many people I'd rather say 'Lower Central East Coast of NSW' LOL

Seeya tomorrow 'THOSE THAT TRAVEL' anyway LOL

Gotta say a 4s FE tunnel goes harder than a 21OB ;-)

I got a heat time of 1:34 (or so) (backing off in corners some) and Paul Stirton, who won the championship (with a Grimracer setup? Nemesis) best was 1:38 or so

HAHAHA it definately sounded like a dremel out on the water!

Well done Kesso on your second too!

Hey Kris,

Thats an impressive heat time! Well done. Did you trophy with it? Tell us some more about the set-up and equipment used please.

Congrats to Paul and Kesso (hey, aren't they both from Sydney?)

I think I heard a little rumour that GMorty won 7.5 O/B Tunnel (& he's from Sydney too!) Good stuff!

Tim, electrics were very impressive in the really rough water on Satruday arvo. The 3.5 o/b went very slowly and kept getting water in the carbies when they nose dived. However the elctrics were running very fast and when the nose dived, they shot out backwards and kept going. It was the funniest racing I have seen in a long time. All the electrics put on a good show however the Electric Outboards sounded like they were doing a million revs and flew around the course

Just don't ask Gino about his 7.5 KABOOM O/B.

Yeah - the lack of carbies is a huge advantage to them in less than ideal race conditions.

I've started collecting parts to build one myself.

I already have a WOF 30 and a complete OS lower unit that will be converted to accept the B/L motor. The cost of the ESC, motor, 4S1P lipo and balancer is going to be a large hit as a one off, so I'm going to try picking up parts as I go along. It might take me a little while to collect them all. I am open to donations though if anyone wants to aid the cause! :lol:

In a club like MBCofNSW where tunnels are very popular and also has a few electric boaters in the membership already, I can see this class of racing standing on it's own before long. Some of us discussed using the Aquacraft SuperVee 27 motor and ESC to try and keep the entry costs down, but I can't see the guys who already have the more expensive motors and ESC's wanting to go back to the "cheaper" set-up (or the budget stuff being competitive with them).

All I can say is that I was using up almost all my 4500mAh packs in 6.5 laps ;)

I will be getting some data loggin on it as soon as a do a little more with the mono...

Going back to a slower (cheaper) motor combo would be cool, if it were pretty much down to driver and props then that is sweet...

BTW there was 1 Victorian in 7.5 OB so if a NSW person didn't win then that would be very sad!

Oh yeah you NSW people are sooks, I can'y believe you didn't want to race when it got a little windy! I would have shown you how it is done if it wasn't for Ray Booth gotteing under my boat when it went airborne!! LOL

Hey Guys

What a great weekend,not sure on how the others faired but i know 3 guys that had a blast

as we always do on our trip away. :lol:

Well done Paul Stirton A OUTBOARD CHAMPION FROM NSW in good water you left everyone else for dead

Kris and Daves Electric tunnels were good and going hard very impressive but you cant beat the noise

of a nitro and thats coming from one that has an electric tunnel as well,

Kris we were there in the rough water,not only did we run but we also didnt finish like every other boat in the class

lucky we didnt run Sunday in the flat water or Paul and others would have put more points on you VICS :p

But Kris you must remember

we were going to tell you to be watchfull at turn 1 but we are the COMPETITION

and once again the silverware is again in NSW ;)

Oh yeah you NSW people are sooks, I can'y believe you didn't want to race when it got a little windy! I would have shown you how it is done if it wasn't for Ray Booth gotteing under my boat when it went airborne!! LOL
Come on mate!!!! If you call that duck diving "racing" you need to step back and take a really good long hard look at yourself!!!!! Even maybe get Louise to slap you a few times. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only boat that came close to Paul's boat for speed was James HTB/Mac Combo. Racing on the last day would have made much more sense, since no one managed to finish in the windy conditions the previous day. Like Greg said, this would have been even more points for NSW.

That aside, I had a great time (other than the 7.5 KaBoom experience).

Gino

rule number one...

you cannot control the things that are uncontrolable.

water conditions

the racer next to you

but what you can control is your boat....

Hey gino, my boat won the first heat against james that came in 2nd so does that mean my boat is as fast as pauls..... LOL

i think not. Mine just stayed in lane one and made him go around.

All i know is that Kris's 1.34 heat time is faster than a 1.40 heat time from nitro.

im not sure what the mod lynx set at BOTB 2 years ago, but i dont think it would be much under the 1.30 heat time. Which has never been repeated. I like the fact that our electrics will continue to be on pipe no matter what the air temperature is..... In some regards this could be controlling the uncontrolling.

Well i have now got my second lawless for the nitro boat so heres for a better handeling boat again.

oh, and what a difference 60% up the ass of the tunnel makes.

Dave

Latest posts

Back