3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I ran my 32" tunnel yesterday on 4s Li-po, nue 1515 1y, Lawless leg and barra 125 (with a fan mounted to the side) and an X438 prop (controller settings were all set to low) and HOLY **** this thing is FAST!

FASTEST TUNNEL I HAVE SEEN, even those yanks with their Nova's wont come near it ;) With a little more tuning it will be a SWEET boat.

Yeah 4S tunnels certainly look like BIG fun (without the tuning issues you described - hahahaha no argument from me with that one!)

Don't you start Gino, whats your excuse? LOL
Kris
My Excuse, where do I Begin.....I Know

1. The lack of , or should I say, the non-existent cocktail Bar :angry:

2. NO HOOTERS GIRLS!!!!! :angry: :angry:

3. The 1000 degree summer heat. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I could go on and on, and that's not even mentioning our racing efforts Kris - you know what I mean. :p

See you at the Nationals....Oh and don't forget to bring the beer!!!!! ;)

Gino

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention Kris, will you be running in the Nitro class ie. A outboard? or are you still persisting with the floating MAKITA Cordless Drill? :lol: :lol:

Gino

Forgot to mention Kris, will you be running in the Nitro class ie. A outboard? or are you still persisting with the floating MAKITA Cordless Drill? :lol: :lol:
Gino

Oh, come on, give us some credit... They are over Powered Dremel motors.... :)

It was good to see gregs e-tunnel going so well aslo. I'll take mine to the nationals, but probably wont race due to lack of numbers, but keen to see what it can do on the oval with lipo, since 16cells was to mcuh for the 3.5's to handle - ha ha had to add that in there boys...

Im looking foward to the nats... cooler weather at a top venue... What beers are we drinking Gino...

I'll be bringing a little slice of QLD down with me in the form of RUM !!!!!

Dave

No roll call this week??? :huh:

Well I know im pretty good to go right now, kesso, Duggan and Reddo will be there anyone else??

Greg??

Gino??

Gerard..... where is gerard??

Im sure doug will be there too cant wait should be fun lets hope the ponds not flooded!! :unsure:

Ok guys

No ones posted nuffn so i will.

Good racing on the weekend for the first race of the year. Great to see tim back racing too bad he didnt get to far broke a drive.

Good to see Gerrard turn up for a look.

First heat went to me everyone behind me dropped off and i was the only one to finnish!

Second whent to kesso i couldnt chase him down no matter what i tried he had the McDonalds boat flying!

Good day of racing nice water and nice weather.

Driverstand has taken a bit of a beating though :(

Allrighty then;

Who's got a spare A O/B tunnel hull just waiting for a chance to be raced again?

I know I do - and I'm going to convert it to Electric power.

Some of us have discussed this in the past, and I think it's time to set something in place (at least for club level racing)

Here's what I propose;

A controlled EA O/B Tunnel class.

Control ESC and MOTOR sourced from Aquacraft Supervee27.

Control prop (unmodified) TBA

4S1P lipo or 12 SubC NiCd or NiMH

Any O/B tunnel hull, and any O/B lower unit.

This format should provide some exciting, close and cheap racing, and not to mention FUN.

What to you think? Who's in?

You know you can count me in.

I think its a great idea and cost effective!

Cmon guys bring out some dinasours and have a go :p :p :p

Happy Bday Kris... Hope it was a blast...

Ok guys... Big question. Who will have a 4s tunnel at the nationals to run. Yes we dont fit into the EA (12cells) class if we run 4s but we do fit the EB class which offers lipo....

I put my entry form in to run my "sydney boys" nitro butt kicking electric villain. :p

Kris will also have one

Big Ash is getting his ready as we speak.

Thats 3. If greg runs his (still happy for u to use my cells mate) then we have 4 and it will only take one more to get the EB-tunnel class running.

Just for those interested.

Ash will be running the Aqua Craft Speed Control with an AMMO motor (2300Kva)

Cheap low cost power.

So if you have an old tunnel sitting about, spend $200 bucks and come e-tunnel racing. If your desperate to get batteries for it then send me a PM and i will see what i can do to help out.

Dave

AWWWW Thanks guys!

Just a Note on my tunnel, It was clocked By Ian I at 88KPH with a stock X438 prop and controller timing set to LOW :D

It also will run a race, full mill and 'cool down' (Warm UP :) ) laps and takes around 3500Mah

1515 1Y (2200KV)

Barra 125 with 12v fan

PolyRC 4500's (30C)

Lawless lower unit modded and my own shortened flex shafts

Kris

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

good stuff Kris!!!!!

happy belated b day mate. Ive been working too hard lately and have not been on line!

Dave

I'll be there to try and make up for getting my butt kicked at the Oval Challenge in January and the Battle of the Borders in February, however, I'll probably just get another driving lesson from Louise Harris.

It looks like we have a good roll up for 3.5cc Outboard and we'll also have a heat for 7.5cc Outboards.

I gunna sneak down there early and get in as much practice as I can.

Regards,

James

I'll be there. :D

Hoping that my package with second lawless turns up from oval express in time. Im sure it will, but if not then i will be kept busy swapping one leg from nitro to electric all day.

Lets start smack that talk - who will set the fastest heat time.......?

3.5 OBT VS Electric....

I would put money on Kris electric tunnel but he might choke like in the last heat like at BOTB. :p Thanks mate, that Tunny Trophy looks good up here in Sunny QLD (where u and lou should come live).... B)

Im really looking foward to the Nats. I'll be happy for my dunga tunnel to just go round and round.

I saw a pic of louise new tunnel paint job, and i dont think anyone will be able to miss her little weapon out on the water. Looks sweet as.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back