29cc Zen pipe length?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayden Bright

Trying to get a rough idea where I should start, the current pipe is at over 15" to center of the band, I'm new to a Gas outfit guys & have absolutely no frigging idea where I should start... Stock engine

Your best bet is to go over to Jim's www.jrcbd.com. Here is more for Nitro over at Jims its more for gas. I run a Pro Mod Zen 26 at 13" from header on a Hot Pipe. It really is a tune kinda of thing trying to find the best for your engine. I can make spacers for mine so its easy to pop one in and try it. Some Exhaust slide and can be adjusted that way also.

Thanks Christopher, I appreciate your response & yes I was thinking about jim's, but couldn't be bothered joining up ;) figured someone on IW could help me out but I didn't realize it was a sin to talk "Gas" LOL. I did try to google the info i'm looking for, but found very little, well actually zero info about Gas pipe length online :blink: Thanks again

Trying to get a rough idea where I should start, the current pipe is at over 15" to center of the band, I'm new to a Gas outfit guys & have absolutely no frigging idea where I should start... Stock engine
You can set the pipe at 13" if you need more rpm shorten it if need more torq pull it back .

If you have any questions you can give me a call 734 464 9560.

Steve

Steve welcome to Intlwaters ;) seen this is your first post an all, thanks for your input mate & will try 13" because the engine seems to be lacking in the rpm department. At the moment were in our wet season break in Australia so it's bench racing ATM. I have a spp carbon pipe coming to upgrade so this will help knowing where the range of adjustment is.

Hayden, it's very common on 25 to 26cc. gas engs. to "start" at 12 1/2" measured from the header flange, around the C/L of the header, and down to the start of the convergent cone.

If your choice of pipe is well designed, there won't be a great deal of difference in the tuned length for a 28.5 to 29.5cc., but a larger ID stinger is usually a better choice. It offers less back pressure, and keeps the eng. at a better operating temp.

As with all tuned pipes, the length you end up at is dependent on prop load and eng. design parameters ( mods ).

Thanks Gents for the numbers I thought 15" was a little on the long side. I trust my spp carbon pipe will be well designed with lots of testing put in, so i'm looking forward to some testing my self in the new year :D

Latest posts

Back