27 Alpha Gas Crapshooter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bent the tangs -- wow -- must be all that uncontrolable horse power
default_tongue.png

Good job Stu

Stu,

Time to redesign the drive dog.......
default_ph34r.png

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Mark,

Nope. 17-4 SS would be my choice. There's plenty out there that's stronger, but 17-4 is plenty strong enough, machines fairly nice and is very corrosion resistant. Slanted trapezoidal tangs (straight walls on working side) with matching slots in the prop. While 7075 is very strong as aluminum goes, at the end of the day, it's still just aluminum and not nearly as durable as even the crap material they use for our "off the shelf" drive dogs.

Stu,

Isn't it amazing the amount of force you can apply with "just" water?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Last Friday, my Crapshooter with the 27 ALPHA set the IMPBA 1/3 mile 2 lap record at 19.674 seconds!
Congratulations Stuart,I also use the Alpha27, so I have two questions, what is the length of the exhaust pipe, from the flange of the crankcase,to the largest diameter? and the diameter and pitch of prop?

Last Friday, my Crapshooter with the 27 ALPHA set the IMPBA 1/3 mile 2 lap record at 19.674 seconds!
Congratulations Stuart,I also use the Alpha27, so I have two questions, what is the length of the exhaust pipe, from the flange of the crankcase,to the largest diameter? and the diameter and pitch of prop?
Pipe is a "Hot Pipe" set at 11 3/8". Prop was an ABC 2818.

Stu

Stu, I have quite a few of the old Octura double set screw type drive dogs, I think they are drill rod that has been head treated and plated. Never had one bend the tangs but never had that kind of torque either. Let me know if you want them.

Thanks, John

Back