.21 rigger opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been follwing this thread closely, for I'm considering jumping into this class for a winter project. Unfortunately my favorite brand of boat may not yet be one the contenders in this size. Maybee that's something that could be worked out eventually with some R&D! What do you think Ralph?

I've seen many different .21's while doing some serious coaching. I'm honestly not trying to offend any other hull. I will state Marty's current boat is the best heat racing .21 I've seen. He has had some other great ones, but this one is ultra-hot!!!

It appears to me from Chris' website the Blackbird kit is very clean.

Andy, we all know that your hulls are always fast!!!

I'm not too familar with some others, so you Hawk & Fire guy's chime in. Please keep the comments comming. I'm trying to make up my mind!

MG

A quick look at the NAMBA web site shows the top three 21 riggers (A Hydro) at the NAMBA Nationals. For the past four years two thirds of the top three boats have been CMD Eagles. The other third varied widely. Since that class is always one of the most competitive, that showing is outstanding.

Lohring Miller

I've been follwing this thread closely, for I'm considering jumping into this class for a winter project. Unfortunately my favorite brand of boat may not yet be one the contenders in this size. Maybee that's something that could be worked out eventually with some R&D! What do you think Ralph?
I've seen many different .21's while doing some serious coaching. I'm honestly not trying to offend any other hull. I will state Marty's current boat is the best heat racing .21 I've seen. He has had some other great ones, but this one is ultra-hot!!!

I'm not too familar with some others, so you Hawk & Fire guy's chime in. Please keep the comments comming. I'm trying to make up my mind!

MG
Hey MG,

I think you maybe underestimating the RR in the 20 size,very fast boats with good set up , and they fit your driving style perfect. Just a thought.

MG

Mark,

I looked closely at Marty's 20 boat 2 weeks ago here in Charleston. His sponsons are nothing like any production ones currently available. Has some similarities to a Crapshooter but the angles are vastly different. (Same for Rod Hendricks 40 rigger). But they are Marty's personal design and I would suspect they will not be available for production. However, my RR Extreme was in a very tight race with him all weekend and only the pressure line coming off the tank during a heat prevented me from finishing higher than 3rd if not 1st. Do not overlook the Roadrunner. With your skill level, look only at the Ultralight or the Extreme versions, and get only the G-10 epoxy sponsons. They are 5 mph more than the standard WOF ones. I just got a set from Ralph for mine and I will close the gap on Marty.

Good having you and Chad racing with us. Sorry for the cruddy weather and hope next years race will

have much better.

John

MG
John are you using that new mack you bought in your rr extreme 20 ?
Mark,

I looked closely at Marty's 20 boat 2 weeks ago here in Charleston. His sponsons are nothing like any production ones currently available. Has some similarities to a Crapshooter but the angles are vastly different. (Same for Rod Hendricks 40 rigger). But they are Marty's personal design and I would suspect they will not be available for production. However, my RR Extreme was in a very tight race with him all weekend and only the pressure line coming off the tank during a heat prevented me from finishing higher than 3rd if not 1st. Do not overlook the Roadrunner. With your skill level, look only at the Ultralight or the Extreme versions, and get only the G-10 epoxy sponsons. They are 5 mph more than the standard WOF ones. I just got a set from Ralph for mine and I will close the gap on Marty.

Good having you and Chad racing with us. Sorry for the cruddy weather and hope next years race will

have much better.

John

I am using a Orlic prepped NovaRossi in the RR. I have used and will only use a NR in my RR. I have a MAC in another 20 rigger that I am working on. It is very similar to a Blackbird.

MG
Hey MG,

I think you maybe underestimating the RR in the 20 size,very fast boats with good set up , and they fit your driving style perfect. Just a thought.

Ron,

I very confident in Ralp's boats no matter what size. You know how much I think of my new .67 RR. It is much better than the 3 consecutive US 1's I had with the E Hydro version I ran at the nats from 99 -01. I have already spoke with Ralph about the possibilities of a new .21, and there may be an opportunity.

I just wanting to know what else is out there before making a decision. Thanks to all for their input.

Mark

Latest posts

Back