.21 rigger opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

What's the latest greatest riggers out there and how are they for user friendliness .setup handling, ease of build and Price???

In no particular order.

What would you guys suggest for power in a .21 size rigger.

What ones do you like and why.

Just feeling things out.Might build one for next summer, rebuild my current hawk or another new hawk from scratch with some help from a friend. ;)

Terry

I love my Cajun Bullet!!!! The price is right the build was fast and easy and it drives like a dream. I did have to adjust the AOA alittle but that is a fast adjustment. Ryon

could i get their website please ryon , or atleast some info.
Terry
I believe that Harold only builds gas riggers now. No more 20 size boats.

I like my SGX-1 and Hummingbird 20 hydros

-Buck-

Chris Woods build a very nice kit called the Blackbird. I have one on order and I am excited to race next season with it. The quality of the boat is superior from what I have seen, heard, and read. Very nice boat!!!!!

Mike

What's the latest greatest riggers out there and how are they for user friendliness .setup handling, ease of build and Price???In no particular order.

Just feeling things out.Might build one for next summer, rebuild my current hawk or another new hawk from scratch with some help from a friend. ;)

Terry

Hi Terry,

I am no expert on riggers for sure. I will say any rigger will win on any given day if its setup correctly. As far as the power plant, thats the same answer if its setup up for the boat correctly it can win any given day. I would guess the hottest .21's would be the Blackbird or Blackjack (these two boats are very similar but they are different). I run Firefighters and Hawks, I have seen very fast Hawk's (Steve Ball & Gary Preusse). I would keep working with what you got and make it the best it can be then move to another boat, If thats the reason for the new boat. Spend the time working your boat over on a table and making sure everything is set perfect, .001 makes alot of difference in a rigger.

Paul

Geez I forgot to mention the eagles , not sure if hummingbird and ninja are still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
paul's right.... i run 'birds, and they rock.... my ninja, has proven a great heat racer, marty slater built a FF 21 i was very impressed with.... Chris' builds are awesome bar none, this hull has my current interest... 21 boats are in my opinion the pickiest to tweak to extreme.... as paul again said, a little makes alot.... regardless, which one you buy, build or take on, putting in the time to make it the best it can be is what keeps me throwing mine....... jump in terry, you wont go back... mike

Roadrunners are proven boats that have been around for years......very well made and very stable....same with Andy Browns eagles......Marty Davis has a SICK fast 20 hydro, unfortunatly its not kitted. I personally have not run any of these boats but ive seen plenty of them run, and they are all good boats...much faster than anything ive got!!

Marty Davis has a SICK fast 20 hydro, unfortunatly its not kitted.
Sick fast is right, I for one would give a left (you know what) for a kit or built one. :rolleyes:

And the main reason for that statement is- they run in my club !!- You can't beat hands on veteran experience for a given hull, no matter the brand..... Choose a hull that people in YOUR area are making work and pick their brains.

Marty and the boys do some pretty nice work with their hydro's ;) It's a heck of alot more than just the boat when it comes to that particular class IMHO :)

Andy

Cant beat the looks of a RR :)

rr21001.JPG

rr21002.JPG

From the look on Terry's face after yesterday's testing on his Hawk I think He was happy.

we did a few run's with a 1445 on 60% and got a reading of 52mph on the GPS.

Terry than tried the H4, instead of checking the GPS after each run (have to un tape and re tape the radio box every time) we decided to leave it and check it later.

we should have checked it because somewhere in one of the runs the gps must have lost the signal cause we got a reading of 223mph :p :eek:

beside this little hick up, the H4 was much much faster than the 1445 and would have to say easily 60mph, if we have some more nice weather we will be out again and get a more definitive number.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that it's getting better!

Steve

From the look on Terry's face after yesterday's testing on his Hawk I think He was happy.

Terry than tried the H4, instead of checking the GPS after each run (have to un tape and re tape the radio box every time) we decided to leave it and check it later.

we should have checked it because somewhere in one of the runs the gps must have lost the signal cause we got a reading of 223mph :p :eek:

beside this little hick up, the H4 was much much faster than the 1445 and would have to say easily 60mph, if we have some more nice weather we will be out again and get a more definitive number.

Dan.

Glad to hear that it's getting better!
Steve

Dan.

Just talked to him on the phone Steve, sounds like he's really getting a handle on it, thanks to you! :D

You guys are correct .This thing is working VERY fine right now.I owe it all to steve and Terry K and a few others here carlnoki etc...and a big thanks to Dan for his patience and help.

When i uped the nitro and downed the water supply and then got the temp up it went like heck I would like to get a gps in it before freeze up to see where i am MPH wise.and the way i am thinking today ....I just might build my own/steve ball improved Hawk during this winter or fix the area's that need fixin on this one.

Thank guys

Terry

Terry,

I guess those propellers I shipped you didn't work too well on your Hawk?

Wondering,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Sorry mark for not getting back to you too many pm's and e-mails on the go.

They worked fine..when i swithed from the 1445 to the last H4 you sent with less cut it went real well IMHO.

Thanks mark I forgot to mention you My bad.

I appreciate your help and insight.

If i missed anyone else thanks...I feel like i am at the grammies...lol :)

Terry

What's the latest greatest riggers out there and how are they for user friendliness .setup handling, ease of build and Price???In no particular order.

Terry
I have to say that Chris Wood's Blackbird is the kit to get. The entire kit, hull, sponsons, hardware, turn fin, have

been tested to extremes in heat racing, and have proved to be fast and consistent with his instructions.

Motor of choice is any well prepped Novarossi. This kit is so well prepared, with stuffing tube installed, all you have

to do is bolt it together, per a great instruction manual, seal the bare wood , rig your radio, servo mounts included,

paint as you wish. Check it out here; http://woodrcboatproducts.com/the_blackbird.htm

The HummmingBird is a great boat .I have been racing one since 2002. Always runs and handles great. A good Nova Rossi 21 stock will be just fine. Kits are still availble from Jim Benns. He lives in the Virgina Beach Area. He can be found in the IMPBA book :D

Bob

Back