21 Hydro Propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,
I've been hounding Marty to come back to the Masters every year since he left. Maybe if we get enough of us pestering him........... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros
Would be cool,and bring back qualifying...

Would you come to Florida if we had a Masters Format WITH qualifying? As soon as we get a new replacement pond, we have the idea that we would like to do that and maybe even host an Internats. How would that be?

There is just no way to get big crowds to events here since we have so MANY classes. I was surprised by the race in Charleston that there were so many classes that there was probably only 2 or maybe 3 heats in the largest classes. Don't get me wrong, the competition was intense with great boats and drivers, but I remember races with 30-40 people in the big classes and even the Unlimited with 120 shut off 2 months before the race.

I don't know what the answer is, but we decided that we wanted to host events with a VERY LIMITED number of classes and try to draw a lot of boats for each class. We will see......

Z:

Since I am getting kind of "long in the tooth", I probably couldn't compete with you anymore though.... :)

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,
I've been hounding Marty to come back to the Masters every year since he left. Maybe if we get enough of us pestering him........... ;)

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Would you come to Florida if we had a Masters Format WITH qualifying? As soon as we get a new replacement pond, we have the idea that we would like to do that and maybe even host an Internats. How would that be?

There is just no way to get big crowds to events here since we have so MANY classes. I was surprised by the race in Charleston that there were so many classes that there was probably only 2 or maybe 3 heats in the largest classes. Don't get me wrong, the competition was intense with great boats and drivers, but I remember races with 30-40 people in the big classes and even the Unlimited with 120 shut off 2 months before the race.

I don't know what the answer is, but we decided that we wanted to host events with a VERY LIMITED number of classes and try to draw a lot of boats for each class. We will see......

Since I am getting kind of "long in the tooth", I probably couldn't compete with you anymore though.... :)

Marty Davis
long in the tooth,yeah right. You can race with ANYONE. It would be interesting if the format was back to the old way. I would say yes to coming ,Indy may have some plans from what I had heard. I really dislike gators!

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Marty Davis
long in the tooth,yeah right. You can race with ANYONE. It would be interesting if the format was back to the old way. I would say yes to coming ,Indy may have some plans from what I had heard. I really dislike gators!
I am surprised that you had heard of that term.. That was one of Fred McBrooms favorite ones.

I might even venture home to Indy if they go back to the original format. That would be great. Not many members of that old club anymore and Stu and Bruce have a hard time running it by themselves.

Marty Davis

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Marty Davis
I am surprised that you had heard of that term.. That was one of Fred McBrooms favorite ones.

I might even venture home to Indy if they go back to the original format. That would be great. Not many members of that old club anymore and Stu and Bruce have a hard time running it by themselves.

Marty Davis
Indy did a FABULOUS job last year,with the Masters race, not sure how they did it,but it was great!

I really like the looks of this one!

PB080075.JPG

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros
Yes, that would be cool. But instead of the early morning rush to get on the qualifying list. Why not build the list from the order of registration. I always liked that race... Got qualified in the "A" main once in my first couple years of racing. Had a few veterans pulling their "D" boats out at the last minute to scramble to stay in the A's. Turned out to be a brides maid but had the time of my life. I'm in for 09' if Marty is.

Ron

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros
Yes, that would be cool. But instead of the early morning rush to get on the qualifying list. Why not build the list from the order of registration. I always liked that race... Got qualified in the "A" main once in my first couple years of racing. Had a few veterans pulling their "D" boats out at the last minute to scramble to stay in the A's. Turned out to be a brides maid but had the time of my life. I'm in for 09' if Marty is.

Ron
I could get a bunch of people to come it that were to happen.....

Marty Davis

PB080075.JPG

Anyone think that they could make something similar to this sponson shape using a mold with CF?

I would also bet that someone with the ability to make a center section that was made from CF and super light could sell a LOT of center sections for someone to put his own sponsons on.

Marty Davis

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

one name comes to mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Terry Keeley

Carl

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Ron

Marty Davis
Ron, that boat is very interesting. It appears there is an abrupt angle change from the tip of the fronts about halway back to the runing surface. I bet it jumps right up on the launch.

Marty, I can make plenty of room in the trailer for your equipment. That 18 hour drive from Naples requires all the company one can get. So, we're going to Hotlanta, Indy, & Charleston....cool! Want to throw in the Internats?

Oh! As for that "long in the tooth" ...Right!!! Keep reminding yourself that on those starts next weekend in .67 hydro. Looks like Chad & I will be tag teaming you in every heat. It will be fun!

MG

PB080075.JPG

Anyone think that they could make something similar to this sponson shape using a mold with CF?

I would also bet that someone with the ability to make a center section that was made from CF and super light could sell a LOT of center sections for someone to put his own sponsons on.

Marty Davis
Those sponson would be ok for a mold. Both sides would have to have diehedral or flat running pads.

About any shape can be molded, curves and angles no problem, just have to design the mold so it has draft angle to pop out the part.

Terry K or Orlic are the expert carbon hull guys.

I like those sponson shape too would look good on a sport hydro boat too.

Marty Davis

Why not give it a try? You'd have no problem with it... ;)

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Ron

Marty Davis
Ron, that boat is very interesting. It appears there is an abrupt angle change from the tip of the fronts about halway back to the runing surface. I bet it jumps right up on the launch.

Marty, I can make plenty of room in the trailer for your equipment. That 18 hour drive from Naples requires all the company one can get. So, we're going to Hotlanta, Indy, & Charleston....cool! Want to throw in the Internats?

Oh! As for that "long in the tooth" ...Right!!! Keep reminding yourself that on those starts next weekend in .67 hydro. Looks like Chad & I will be tag teaming you in every heat. It will be fun!

MG
LOL....My thoughts exactly... :) Long teeth bite deeper....

BONZAI :)

Ron,
I run an S-15 with #2 profile and I've had great results.

You run the 1650 rather high on the strut or as deep as others?

Nova power correct? What pipe are you currently running?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Same strut setting,in fact basically non adjustable at the moment. Yes Nova L/S and OPS 3280/ CD Machine silencer.
Nice boat Ron, but I'm kind of surprised that you run OPS pipe not square wave. I'm curious what did OPS pipe give you that square wave did not.

Ron,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Compoonents

BlackJack Hydros

Ron
Hi Ron,

I would love to see a lottery type qualifying system on the Friday.maybe a bingo cage with numbers drawn and order of water time. Just a thought.

yep and not the 100 times over redo's if you don't like your time.

that would be cool.

chris

Back