21 Hydro Propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark,

ABC 50x69 works great lot of throttle tranistion. I got the prop from you. Great heat racing prop

Any one testing any of grims lifter props? the 45X68 looks like a decent enough piece?

The h-6 with 3.6 inches of picth or a stock h-10 and a abc-1816

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
what is "strut assist?? :huh: any pics?
It's just a ski under the strut and stuffing tube. I will try and post some pics of the my new 20 boat.
It does work as a buddy did it to his after many attempts to get a launch repeatability. And it let the boat launch easier as well as come off and on plane easier. Question is is it a band aid or a real improvement? Since this has turned into a general 20 hydro thread how about rudder length and water restriction?

what is "strut assist?? :huh: any pics?
It's just a ski under the strut and stuffing tube. I will try and post some pics of the my new 20 boat.
It does work as a buddy did it to his after many attempts to get a launch repeatability. And it let the boat launch easier as well as come off and on plane easier. Question is is it a band aid or a real improvement? Since this has turned into a general 20 hydro thread how about rudder length and water restriction?
I can say yes to rudder length as making a difference. Water restriction has not worked for me ,but I know Marty and his group have had good results.

Ron asked me to post the answer to "strut assist", however, there is a LOT more than strut information below...

Ron put a great deal of thought in to that design. I bet it will never blow off. Keep up the cool ideas.

Bob

Looks Like Rod has everybody thinking about rigger design. I did not stretch mine out that far. I also played with some unusual materials. I used 1/32 G-10 and 3mm lightweight foam PVC. No painting required. I only got to run it once before it snowed though.

DSCF0240.JPG

2008_11070552.JPG

Looks Like Rod has everybody thinking about rigger design. I did not stretch mine out that far. I also played with some unusual materials. I used 1/32 G-10 and 3mm lightweight foam PVC. No painting required. I only got to run it once before it snowed though.
That's sweet too! What are the sponsons made of?

Is that comin' to Flint next year? :rolleyes:

G-10 skins and foam core. only wood in the boat is inside of one sponson to give the turn fin blind nuts something to sink in to. Verdict is still out on the materials. the G10 is obviously strong enough, but heavier. the 3mm pvc is about as light as regular 1/8 ply but not quite as rigid. I love the no painting part. I'm going to keep looking for other materials to try out.... any ideas?

Flint.... ehh... likely not.... not that I don't want to...

Ron put a great deal of thought in to that design. I bet it will never blow off. Keep up the cool ideas.

Bob
This boat is a design from Hall/ Geraghty/Truex/Zaker. The cowl is just roughed in,needs to be completed. Boat came in @ 3lbs 6 ounces less fuel.
Doesn't look too dissimilar to the Japanese riggers. Very cool too see something out of the ordinary! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Bob
This boat is a design from Hall/ Geraghty/Truex/Zaker. The cowl is just roughed in,needs to be completed. Boat came in @ 3lbs 6 ounces less fuel.
Doesn't look too dissimilar to the Japanese riggers. Very cool too see something out of the ordinary! Thanks for sharing the pics!
EXACTLY

G-10 skins and foam core. only wood in the boat is inside of one sponson to give the turn fin blind nuts something to sink in to. Verdict is still out on the materials. the G10 is obviously strong enough, but heavier. the 3mm pvc is about as light as regular 1/8 ply but not quite as rigid. I love the no painting part. I'm going to keep looking for other materials to try out.... any ideas?
Wow Tom,

Thats way different to your normal designs... does it need some off season testing down under where it's summer time? Hint Hint!

Tim.

Back