2017 IMPBA Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl are you guys going to come up for any of our upcoming events? July14-16 Speed Trial , October 6 thru 8 Speed Trial and our October 14 thru 15 RACE?
We have a few boats hanging up and ready for the right conditions. The July speed trial is a bit warm for us but October should have some good cool air. Mike Talley and I made a joint effort on a custom 3.5cc tunnel design and he is testing it this Sunday. My part was just drawing it up for him. He and his brother Ron Talley are doing al the footwork on that model. They are saying it will be at the pond Sunday... we'll see. Talley has a smoking fast 7.5mod that should show well. That NR46 and carbon pipe is CRAZY FAST. I am very happy with mine too. We have been working on setups for thoes two boats and both are close in speed but they are very different in the setup. I have a few boats that may lay down some respectful times if we are lucky enough to get good conditions for them. Maybe before October I can get enough time to finish a model that I have wanted to test for a couple of years now. It is a straight line tunnel boat that is a bit on the tiny side and will need perfect conditions to lite it off and make the full 330 feet twice. LOL I love the weird out of the box crazy stuff. I will bring my new canard up there this fall. Our pond is too small to run it full bore.

I can't wait to come back up there. It's home away from home. Huntsville is a beautiful site.

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl are you guys going to come up for any of our upcoming events? July14-16 Speed Trial , October 6 thru 8 Speed Trial and our October 14 thru 15 RACE?
We tested the STX tunnel yesterday. It ran very well! Mike worked hard to get a conventional design tunnel boat to run this fast. I hope the weather allows us to run it in Huntsville. It came from a blank sheet of paper after we returned from the last time trials until yesterday (a day earlier than our planed test day)

-Carl

Wow,it was the Stu Barr show. Congrats to him on winning three US1's,EOP,and the President's cup. I was fortunate to have won a couple of these award's over the years and it is not an easy thing to do,for any of these award's.

The question I have is about the EOP,is it still a traveling award for the winner to have for a year? The two times we won the EOP it was VERY nice looking sitting on our shelf and an Honor to have an award with all the history that is displayed on it. I hope everyone got a chance to see it that was at the Awards Banquet,truly the one trophy that should be the one you want to win to take home. Congrats Stu on being the winner of such a prestigious award,I may ask you to take a pic of it for me to see what it looks like now.
default_smile.png

I have been holding my tongue , but what is going on with IMPBA ?

The records list has not been updated since May 2 . What else don't they want to do ?

Maybe time to drain the IMPBA swamp !

Yes a little and IMPBA does not want to ship it anymore.
"DOES NOT WANT TO SHIP IT!?!?" I thought it was up to the winner of the trophy to make sure it arrives at the next U.S.1 Nats. Why were the member's not informed of this,if there was an issue. Where does the trophy reside at NOW??

Mark I am sorry for sounding like I am directing my questions towards you, as I am not. I can not believe this... it has been replaced by nice wall trophy (in other words "A PLAQUE"). I do not think this is FAIR or RIGHT. Who is in charge of this decision,the BOD??? Or the member's of IMPBA.

Yes a little and IMPBA does not want to ship it anymore.
"DOES NOT WANT TO SHIP IT!?!?" I thought it was up to the winner of the trophy to make sure it arrives at the next U.S.1 Nats. Why were the member's not informed of this,if there was an issue. Where does the trophy reside at NOW??
Mark I am sorry for sounding like I am directing my questions towards you, as I am not. I can not believe this... it has been replaced by nice wall trophy (in other words "A PLAQUE"). I do not think this is FAIR or RIGHT. Who is in charge of this decision,the BOD??? Or the member's of IMPBA.
The meeting minutes are up on the website for any one, members or non members to read on what is going on/talked about at board meetings. The trophy was in poor shape and no trophy shop could refurbish it. Yes it costs $270 to ship the trophy. It was brought up to the board on what to do with the trophy and the unanimous decision was to retire the trophy. It was to be advertised in the March roostertail if anyone wanted the trophy. but Bill Zuber said the Huntsville club wanted it. March meeting minutes if anyone wants to look up the complete conversation. Case closed
Bob,

Look forward to seeing your nomination for a board position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NO NOT CASE CLOSED sir.... You just said "Who wants it???" "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT" I WOULD PAY FOR THE SHIPPING ALSO,it actually means something to me! I will donate money to the IMPBA Org. if thats what it would take. WTF. Not to be an A--!! The last time I(Stan Simpson IV) was awarded the EOP Trophy(not a Wall Plaque) We had two extra tiers added too it. Also we did not attend the Nats. the following year after we were awarded the trophy both times,but we made sure the EOP "TROPHY" was at the Awards Banquet for the next winner to receive. Not on the IMPBA's dime either.

If the IMPBA Org is in such "SHAMBLES" and broke,why didn't the BOD have an auction for the "OLD HAGGARD" EOP TROPHY. I bet I am not the only person who would love to bid on that pc of "HISTORY". Let the bidding begin Matt...

P.S. your wording is not very professional for a BOD (a position you ran for and won:) to answer a simple question from a IMPBA member. CASE CLOSED.

Stan,

It wasn't a simple question. You do not like the decision that was made and you are angry at the board for the decision. At least that's how I take the capital words and exclamation points. Please read the meeting minutes from March. The consensus of all board members was to put an article into the next roostertail explaining what was going to happen to the trophy, (to offer it up to who ever wanted it). But Bill Zuber said they would take it before it ever got that far.

Here is a thought... Since the Huntsville club now has the trophy why not display it and award the larger trophy every time the club hosts the Internats. The IMPBA provides a plaque for the individual that wins the EOP. The trophy lives on and stays in one place.

Nobody is saying the trophy means nothing to anybody. It was in disrepair and the only one to speak up for the trophy was Bill Zuber. Why not get together with Huntsville and come with a solution to keep the trophy going?

Stan as I read between the lines, the existing Board seems to not have much interest in Nitro racing or the promotion of Nitro racing
Doc that's your opinion. The boards decisions has nothing to do with what power plant. We are all model boaters who try to promote model boating. Be it nitro, gas, or electrics.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NO NOT CASE CLOSED sir.... You just said "Who wants it???" "I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT" I WOULD PAY FOR THE SHIPPING ALSO,it actually means something to me! I will donate money to the IMPBA Org. if thats what it would take. WTF. Not to be an A--!! The last time I(Stan Simpson IV) was awarded the EOP Trophy(not a Wall Plaque) We had two extra tiers added too it. Also we did not attend the Nats. the following year after we were awarded the trophy both times,but we made sure the EOP "TROPHY" was at the Awards Banquet for the next winner to receive. Not on the IMPBA's dime either.

If the IMPBA Org is in such "SHAMBLES" and broke,why didn't the BOD have an auction for the "OLD HAGGARD" EOP TROPHY. I bet I am not the only person who would love to bid on that pc of "HISTORY". Let the bidding begin Matt...

P.S. your wording is not very professional for a BOD (a position you ran for and won:) to answer a simple question from a IMPBA member. CASE CLOSED.
I could not believe that the 'Big Trophy" was not at the awards night. I have come so close so many times,and now it's out of service,REALLY? It's a special trophy, and VERY hard to win. The winner derserves to have it for the year, PERIOD..

I could not believe that the 'Big Trophy" was not at the awards night. I have come so close so many times,and now it's out of service,REALLY? It's a special trophy, and VERY hard to win. The winner derserves to have it for the year, PERIOD..

Latest posts

Back