2017 IMPBA Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now building a new 21 Hydro as I had a few problems with my old one, can you say hit log or turtle or large fish in lake during testing Monday, building a JAE 21GT,

It's built now for the fun stuff sand and paint and fit everything in, then testing in a different spot in the lake.

Walt Barney
I with you Walt, just now finished breaking down the boat and sanding my new Balckjack 21. We are painting tonight and have it in the water Saturday to start testing then off to the Nats we go.

blackjack.JPG

Brad you and Walt make me fell better about the Internats readiness of my boats.
Me too!!!!...
default_smile.png

I'm all packed up and will start driving this afternoon. Not quite 3000 miles from my house as I will be dropping by Mechanicsville to visit good friends and get in some low altitude testing. I must be nuts........

Al Hobbs

Brad has came a long way in two weeks of building the Blackjack.There was a lot of work in this boat.Looking good Brad.Hope to see you Saturday to set this up for you.

Dave Roach

For the SAW and 2-Lap how many chances does each boat get? Is there a defined 2 runs or as many as time allows? Also, during these sections are you allowed to make as many passes/laps in a time window like we do for TT events?

Have a safe trip Al. See you there!

Steve Ball

I'm all packed up and will start driving this afternoon. Not quite 3000 miles from my house as I will be dropping by Mechanicsville to visit good friends and get in some low altitude testing. I must be nuts........

Al Hobbs

Brad has came a long way in two weeks of building the Blackjack.There was a lot of work in this boat.Looking good Brad.Hope to see you Saturday to set this up for you.

Dave Roach
Thank you Roach appreciate the kind words and looking forward to seeing you Saturday for setup and test.

Tyler,

Lets talk saw.. the same applies for oval.

When its your turn... note.. your turn.. you make a run"..

you make one set of LR to RL (or RL to LR)

thats is ONE attempt...

You can bring the boat in make changes but you are on a time limit. (I cannot remember the time)

Fire up and make a second set..

END..

BUT.. if you stay out and make two sets back to back you can "take the middle set" as long as they are LR to RL (or RL to LR)

END.. you are DONE with your SAW event.

Others.. correct me if I missed something.

Grim

So.. I should go on.. you HAVE TO HAVE YOUR STUFF Together to win this gig.. you just don't get all the open opportunity to make run after run.

Grim

Mike is correct. The time limit is 6 minutes. To go further if you go out and things are not working right you can come in to make changes. But you lose the first set of numbers and you only get one more set.

Mike is correct. The time limit is 6 minutes. To go further if you go out and things are not working right you can come in to make changes. But you lose the first set of numbers and you only get one more set.
That is not correct, you can go out and get a set of passes to get a time, then come in and make changes and get a second set of times.

Ok thanks guys, so unlike a traditional SAW you only get 4 complete passes breaking both sets of lights. You are not allowed to make multiple passes in the 6 minutes and take the best back to back run. I assume you are allowed to circle and make half passes as long as you do not break the second light in an effort to find a needle.

Tyler

You will actually need to call for the pass. It is your responsibility to call for the passes in the correct sequence, Once you break the beam on a called for pass it counts.

I'm confident these scenarios will be discussed during the drivers meeting before each timed event, for the Huntsville club knows what they are doing!

MG

Sorry guess I did not word it right. If you go out and make a pair of passes (LR & RL) and come in to make changes you get one more set. But if you go out and do not make a pass and come back for changes you lose the first set and only get one more pair of passes. Or you can make three pair of passes but they all have to be done on one outing.

It also does not make any difference it you break the beam after you start if you call it off before you cross. And you can pretty much do anything you want on the lake for setup on your passes. But the main thing is you mush call the pass each way so a pit helper is a plus and must.

Back