2014 Fall Nationals Opening up Soon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

For planning purposes, the Charleston Model Boaters will be opening up the Fall Nationals race for entries the last weekend of June, two weeks from now, which is our normal time frame for doing so. The same format and classes from past years will be offered. The race will be held Oct 10-12. More details and information will follow as we get closer to the opening.

Hi john I am planning to attend I'm going to bring my twin 90 and a 45 or a single 90 not sure yet . Pass ya later Charles

John,

Do you have an idea on the list of classes you are going to run? Same as last year? Thanks.

John, can you offer twin gas rigger or an open hydro class. There are several of these boat running just need a contest to run them.

The classes being offered will be essentially the same as the past few Fall Nats.

Paypal entries ONLY, no mail in entries are allowed. The club executive board decided a few years ago, due to the heavy interest for this race, that only Paypal entries will be allowed. That way all racers are equal in entering. $15 per boat, max of 6 classes can be entered by any racer.

Twin gas rigger will be offered but 5 are needed to run the class. If 5 are not obtained, and the class gets dropped, the twin rigger championship trophy will be for the nitro twins.

Charlie - lots of ruck dude. You will be amazed at the speed of the boats that come to this race. You'll be shaking your head all the way back to Alaska. Anyone that trophies, regardless of the place earned, has accomplished a lot.

BTW, this race started the F Hydro Single Engine class to be run and a number of clubs now offer it. A single can also run in the F Hydro class (max cid of 1.83" or twin 91's) along with the twins. So there are two options for the single.

Last edited by a moderator:
For planning purposes, the Charleston Model Boaters will be opening up the Fall Nationals race for entries the last weekend of June, two weeks from now, which is our normal time frame for doing so. The same format and classes from past years will be offered. The race will be held Oct 10-12. More details and information will follow as we get closer to the opening.
Ok I'm going to put out what I'm sure is on a lot of peoples minds - John have you or any of the other CMB officers chatted with Bill about the RC Racing Events web site being ready to handle the onslaught of entries this time without crashing again? Not trying to bust anyone's stones but rather trying to avoid a repeat of that situation...........

Ok I'm going to put out what I'm sure is on a lot of peoples minds - John have you or any of the other CMB officers chatted with Bill about the RC Racing Events web site being ready to handle the onslaught of entries this time without crashing again? Not trying to bust anyone's stones but rather trying to avoid a repeat of that situation...........
When I last spoke to Bill he had upgraded his equipment to handle a much larger capacity. He believes it will be OK, unless someone continues to hit the refresh button time after time. That is what crashed the system the last time. There we over 840 active requests to get on the site last year. He cleared them out, we got people to enter one time and the system came back up. He thinks it will be OK but also told me that this race is the only one that has this interest and so many people trying to get in.

Back