2013 World OB Tunnel Championships Now Open for Entries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The 2013 edition of the World OB Tunnel Championships, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, is now open for entries. Race dates are Friday May 03 (racing starts at high noon) to Sunday 05 May. Entries will be taken only through rcracingevents.com. Mail in payments will be accepted but payments MUST be received by April 1st or entries will be deleted.

Race format and classes will be the same as the 2011 and 2012 WTC races. IMPBA engine rules apply for the Sport B and MOD-VP classes. Technical inspections will be done for compliance. Controlled open water is Thursday 02 May. Uncontrolled open water (you get your own boats) if desired on Wednesday May 01. Facility setup for canopies, trailers and parking will also be the same as for all CMB races.

Please come and join in the largest and most prestigious tunnel race on the planet. This race is comprised of most of the best tunnel racers anywhere. It is THE measuring stick for the tunnel racers. More information is available on the rcracingevents website.

Congrats to Gary Geiselman, the first race entrant!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was second. Looking forward to this race again this year. Get your outboard entered guys!!!! Gonna be a good one!!!..... ;)

who ever is in charge of entries. i entered twice by accident. sorry !!!! please take away. Dan Hutchinson

REALLY on the fence here......as much as i love coming to chuckytown, especially for the wtc; the way i was treated & spoken to by a cmb member at the fall nats makes it a very difficult decision for me. i just really care to share the same piece of dirt with him! he's not on here, so i'm not going there.......john, rick & jeni know the details. this is something i have worried with all winter. i haven't had feelings this strong towards someone since prison - yes it's that serious an issue to me. stuff he said was pretty hateful, makes it hard to lay eyes on him & enjoy myself too. if it ain't fun, i ain't in it.

We are just past halfway (122) to the 225 boat limit in less than 7 hours. Shaping up to be a exceptionally competitive race. There are still a bunch of racers that normally attend that have not yet entered. Otto, Hearl, Mic & Jay, Randy, Shawn, and many others among the missing. If you want to join in the party, please get entered very SOON. Thanks much for the great support for this year's race.

REALLY on the fence here......as much as i love coming to chuckytown, especially for the wtc; the way i was treated & spoken to by a cmb member at the fall nats makes it a very difficult decision for me. i just really care to share the same piece of dirt with him! he's not on here, so i'm not going there.......john, rick & jeni know the details. this is something i have worried with all winter. i haven't had feelings this strong towards someone since prison - yes it's that serious an issue to me. stuff he said was pretty hateful, makes it hard to lay eyes on him & enjoy myself too. if it ain't fun, i ain't in it.
You must have fallen off the fence..... ;) I see you entered the race. Im sure everything will be fine Robbin. Just run your boats and have a good time..... :D Should be another great race.

Yes, i have entered ron. i know if i hesitate, a spot may not be left. this is in NO way meant to reflect on the cmb or the excellent events they put on. i apologize for posting it, but felt i owed my many friends an explanation. i wasn't/couldn't make up a story & lie......Thi is something i have to reconcile within myself. the person involved as in no way acting in behalf of the cmb, it was way after racing was over. sometimes stupid things can push our buttons, this seems to have locked mine down. the memory takes me to some dark places, just not sure that seeing him would put me back there & ruin it for me. entirely a personl issue, PLEASE don't let it affect anyone

else's decision to attend. i guess this is hard for me due to the many great friends that i only get to see in chuckytown. hard not to come, time will tell.........

Selling out fast. 225 boat limit will be reached soon. This is going to be yet another great race.

Driver Count: 48 Boat Count: 194

Entries are in! B Sport, Mod, Mod VP, & OB Hydro/Rigger I'll Bring the BBQ for lunch at Open Water.

Looks like 198 so far, 13 Mod-VP, 36 B tunnel, 31 Sport B tunnel and about half dozen kneelers. Big turnout for D tunnel too. Gonna be a good one!

Latest posts

Back