2011 Jack Kohlmeyer Classic Evansville IN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.........Mother nature was not kind.... :unsure: <_< But did get to run some. Still had a good time. Always great hospitality from the River City Club.......................And the Boss liked it even with the Rain!!!! I can come back to play!!!! :D :D :lol:

Rain was plentiful but still managed to have some good fun and great visit with old boatn buddies. Thanks E'ville sorry the weather had to spoil the rest of the fun. Thank you for hosting the event.

What comes after two days of rain-------------Monday

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
just so you know its still pouring down rain
Yea I saw that on the radar, arrived home in Decatur IL, warm and sunny at noon. We went to a festival this afternoon so the whole day wasnt lost
Good to hear,

Almost wish we could come back in a couple weeks and finish it up for anybody who wanted too, Heat 51....your on the clock!! :D :D :D :p Of course if we did that, then it would rain on the final night of the Fall Festival :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :p

We had a real good day testing Friday and once the rain let up the racing was good on Saturday. Had fun racing my 40 mono, got tangled up with Sammy in the first heat no points there, Pete Collingson won that one. Second heat I got the lead on everyone and won, after two heats I bet Pete had more points overall.

Everyone watching the first heat of Thunder boat wooed when two boats did a blow off together at the end of the backstrech, amazing they came back down running and finished the heat. It was me and Don Mckay, his cowls flew off and my boat hit hard enough to throw the driver out. I recovered quicker than Don and took over first place. I came back around and almost ran over the poor driver.

I live less than 3 miles from the lake. My weather station shows that we had 4.85 inches of rain since Saturday morning. Back in the early 80's when we decided to host our first fall race and we picked the third weekend in Sept, one of our members who was a farmer told us then not to pick that weekend because it usually rains. So far his predictions have been right about 70% of the time.

DonB

dang with a 70 % of always going to rain perhaps we should make the race a weekend earlier. cause its always nice before and after the weekend we try and race.

I live one mile away from the lake and the rain never quit....maybe slowed to a drizzle for a bit here and there. Maybe we should try the 2nd week of Sept LOL.

Funny thing...I could have gone to Indy to watch the Steelers and Colts, but I was committed to racing this weekend. I traded 12 hours of my shift to do so. After getting rained out and jonesing for some racing I thought "Oh well I am off for Madison" ....Wellll...I have to work for the guy I traded with on that day!!!

Even more odd...when I got to the fire station there was another Lieutenant filling in for the Captain who called in sick. He wanted to ride in the back rather than be in charge...As soon as I got my gear on the truck lightening struck the radio tower next to the station and the power went out. Talk about bad omens! Shortly after there was a nasty car accident...and then a pretty bad house fire (possible meth lab)....Should have gone to Indy LOL

Sunday heading back to Madison. Thirty miles to the East it stopped raining and was sunny all the way back home. That sucked But, a great race to go to and a great club!! Thanks Evansville

Last edited:
I had a good time in spite of the rain. Good job EV , see you next year. I was sunny in St. Louis.

L. Burford

Sunday heading back to Madison. Thirty miles to the East it stopped raining and was sunny all the way back home. That sucked But, a great race to go to and a great club!! Thanks Evansville

Thirty Miles..............We crossed the bridge over the river going through owensboro??? at the beginning of PennyReile......Bone Dry!!!! All the same Like I said. We had fun................Enjoyed...........and will be back.

Thanks to all of the River City Memebers!!!

OH BEFORE I FORGET!!!!......................."INTIMAGATOR!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :eek: :D ;)

I live one mile away from the lake and the rain never quit....maybe slowed to a drizzle for a bit here and there. Maybe we should try the 2nd week of Sept LOL.

Funny thing...I could have gone to Indy to watch the Steelers and Colts, but I was committed to racing this weekend. I traded 12 hours of my shift to do so. After getting rained out and jonesing for some racing I thought "Oh well I am off for Madison" ....Wellll...I have to work for the guy I traded with on that day!!!

Even more odd...when I got to the fire station there was another Lieutenant filling in for the Captain who called in sick. He wanted to ride in the back rather than be in charge...As soon as I got my gear on the truck lightening struck the radio tower next to the station and the power went out. Talk about bad omens! Shortly after there was a nasty car accident...and then a pretty bad house fire (possible meth lab)....Should have gone to Indy LOL
Tim, boat racing will always take a back seat to saving lives. Thanks from those you helped. Hammer

The INTIMAGATOR RS101 TWIN Had a Perfect Score Going after Two Rounds of Open, Twin & Unlimited Hydro.... Hate it all had to End........ Boooooooooooo ....... We left the lake area around 12:20 pm sunday it it was still Raining...... & More was Coming just south of Evansville.......

I know the race got rained out but do we have any kind of results for this event?

Thanks

Grim

Back