*** 2007 SPRING NATS ENTRY UPDATE ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have the answer to that question. My Club in Florida, Space Coast Rudder Busters, has a race scheduled for the same weekend. I requested that they change the date to a week before or a week after Atlanta but they want to discuss it first at the NAMBA Winternats next week. Of course we know that it is now too late for them to register for Atlanta. I believe that the FL race date will have to be changed as four of the SCRB members will be in Atlanta. So that is my opinion of why there aren't more boats registered from Florida. It is a shame that we can't work together to get our dates organized before the season starts. I had requested several years agp that the two District Directors get together each year to discuss dates which was agreed upon but then the Director(s) changed and my recommendation went out the window.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Perry
Perry,

Your very right. But the sad fact is there are races that everyone knows the dates on every year. There what I call set in stone. And for a club to set a race on these dates is just not thinking or has another reason for doing it.

Mark

I may have the answer to that question. My Club in Florida, Space Coast Rudder Busters, has a race scheduled for the same weekend. I requested that they change the date to a week before or a week after Atlanta but they want to discuss it first at the NAMBA Winternats next week. Of course we know that it is now too late for them to register for Atlanta. I believe that the FL race date will have to be changed as four of the SCRB members will be in Atlanta. So that is my opinion of why there aren't more boats registered from Florida. It is a shame that we can't work together to get our dates organized before the season starts. I had requested several years agp that the two District Directors get together each year to discuss dates which was agreed upon but then the Director(s) changed and my recommendation went out the window.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Perry
Perry,

Your very right. But the sad fact is there are races that everyone knows the dates on every year. There what I call set in stone. And for a club to set a race on these dates is just not thinking or has another reason for doing it.

Mark

Perry,It might have helped or been avoided if yourself, Mark (Scale Director) or other members of your club would have attended this meeting. You had known for some time that this district meeting was going to occur and what was on the agenda.

Brian
The Springnats event is on the same weekend in April each year so I gotta ask what's the point here? :blink:

Perry,Your very right. But the sad fact is there are races that everyone knows the dates on every year. There what I call set in stone. And for a club to set a race on these dates is just not thinking or has another reason for doing it.

Mark
Mark tried to p/m you & your inbox is full. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the good comments. I will clear out my box so that I can receive messages again. Thanks Don.

Brian: Our Club President was at the District meeting. He represents us at these meetings. I hope that clears this up. Thanks guys, Perry

Hey Gang,

The entry list has been updated with everything we have received as of today (1/16/06).

Follow this LINK.

Does anyone know how to get in touch w/ Ron Byrd? Doing this stuff manually is for the Birds (pardon the pun). We purchased Ron's software a while back, but we need the activation key and Wendy can not get in touch w/ him. From what I understand the new software will allow me to export all of thie race information in a web friendly format...

Lamar

Hey Gang,

I just spoke with photographer George Lainhart. George will be back to shoot the event for us again in 2007. George has shot the event for the past several years printing and selling photos on-site.

HERE are some of George's photos from the 2006 event.

Thanks,

Lamar

Wow, those shots are awsome. I wish I could go to the race just to get some nice action shots. Looks like a blast! For sure need to make it down there in the next few years. :(

Larry Jr.

George does have an unbelievable setup and takes shots that seem impossible. He gets pics of riggers going full bore and can stop the prop to where you can see what kind of finish it has on it! :eek:

Wow, those shots are awsome. I wish I could go to the race just to get some nice action shots. Looks like a blast! For sure need to make it down there in the next few years. :(
Larry Jr.
He has taking many, many shots of my twins over the years. He really had a hard time when he first started taking them with the faster boats and this is what he told me. It use to be that it took 20 shots to get the right one and now he does it in about 5 shots. Not to say that all the shots are bad. I have one picture that I bought at the 2004 Internats that I am turning on the inside of John Borden in Sport 40 for the lead that is a great shot. John and I had a great heat and this pass was made on the end of the fifth lap at bouy 6. John is still in the lead in the picture but I pass him after the turn. John and I both bought a copy of that picture and still talk about that race everytime we see each other.

Mark

Regarding Lainhart Photo.To add to MARK'S and Lamar's comments.I found that by buying photos at the race,I was able to see the image on their computer .With their super equipment George was able to change the magification and composition without losing any detail.I'm not sure whether you can do that by ordering on the internet.

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.

ENTRY UPDATE

Hey Gang,

The entrant list has been updated with everything we have received as of today (1/18/07).

Click HERE to check it out!

Thanks,

Lamar

OFFSHORE LAYOUT

Hey Gang,

Someone E-mailed me wanting to know what our offshore layout looks like. There are lots of names on the entry list that I do not recognize so I figure there are others out there that would like to know as well...

Yes, this drawing is CRUDE and it is certainly not to scale, but you will get the general idea...

Be WARNED... The straight heading out to the first offshore buoy is looooooong.

Lamar

AMBoffshore.JPG

Lamar, Come on man, you could show them where the rock is at least,or were you saving that as a surprise

As for mr. Zeller's remarks, (Would'nt miss it for nothing) especially that my lucky pit man will be there running Hydro,????????????? no bouy cuts dam'it

Steve H.

Lamar, Come on man, you could show them where the rock is at least,or were you saving that as a surprise

As for mr. Zeller's remarks, (Would'nt miss it for nothing) especially that my lucky pit man will be there running Hydro,????????????? no bouy cuts dam'it

Steve H.
Steve,

Now you know the name Zeller and No Buoy Cuts don't belong in the same sentence! :lol:

Just look at my avatar!

Last edited by a moderator:
ONE THING ALL SHOULD KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This course has SLEEPING POLICEMAN!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

OFFSHORE LAYOUT
Hey Gang,

Someone E-mailed me wanting to know what our offshore layout looks like. There are lots of names on the entry list that I do not recognize so I figure there are others out there that would like to know as well...

Yes, this drawing is CRUDE and it is certainly not to scale, but you will get the general idea...

Be WARNED... The straight heading out to the first offshore buoy is looooooong.

Lamar

AMBoffshore.JPG
HA We once had a offshore race that had a bouy so far out that they put a flag man on that side of the lake and waved it if you were past the bouy :lol: .

If the wind is blowing in at all strong in Atlanta it will get you comming off bouy 3 so watch out.

24 boats in open offshore how about three, 8 boat heats. HA

Last edited by a moderator:
ENTRY UPDATE

Hey Gang,

The entrant list has been updated with everything we have received as of today (1/30/07).

Click HERE to check it out!

Thanks,

Lamar

Back